To the guys: Why do ugly girls like me have practically no dating options?

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

lavieenrose99

To the guys: Why do ugly girls like me have practically no dating options?

Post by lavieenrose99 »

I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I also understand that a girl as ugly as me, has no options past junkies and other socially unaccetpable men.

Every time I look at a nice-looking boy (I'm too choosy) they immidiately look away or look sickened. I feel the same way when I glance in the mirror.

No one cares if you are intelligent or actually nice. In my experiences, my kindess is taken advantage of and I'm left in the dust with nothing but tears and abject lonliness. I'm not vain, but I do have standards as well: I would like to be satisfied. Frankly, I'd rather be alone since men in this day and age seem so cruel and superficial. They would look at a picture of me and throw up. What's the point of saying love is the most important thing when I'm the one who gives it all the time. I'm not that young and have found other areas of fufillment, but helping others can only fill the void of a loving partner for so long.

There comes times when I don't find myself too repulsive, but then I step outside my house, look at the standards of beauty around me and feel a wave of utter sadness. It's as if my ugliness dictates how my love life turns out and I haven't a modicum of love for myself after all this.

To the men reading this: why do you turn down not-so-attractive women so frequently? :confused:
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: To the guys: Why do ugly girls like me have practically no dating options?

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I am a male and I do believe that looks come second. I don't know what you look like, but I can confidently say that I believe there is someone out there for everyone. You mus first love yourself before someone else can love you. That may be a "Corny" statement or w/e but I think its true. You should work on your self-esteem, focus on the positive, and don't worry to much about finding someone, and eventually someone will come along to fill that void.

Have confidence and Faith in yourself! You do have worth and Value!

-My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Sweetygurl

Re: To the guys: Why do ugly girls like me have practically no dating options?

Post by Sweetygurl »

I am a girl and feel the same way. But I have more self esteem and more guys flirting. When I started loving me guys did too.