Diploma Denied To Student Who Bowed, Blew Kiss to Family

All the news thats fit to print! Please bring all debates here, but make sure to keep things civil!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Diploma Denied To Student Who Bowed, Blew Kiss to Family

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're having a super fine day.

Bonny Eagle High School student Justin Denny was denied his diploma at a graduation ceremony on June 12th for 'fooling around' after his name was called.

What did he do?!

As he walked up on stage - he took a bow, blew a kiss to his family and pointed to his friends.

Click on the link below to read the story.

http://www.wmtw.com/education/19763059/detail.html

As I see it....
[And based on the available information] - denying Justin Denny his diploma was an over-reaction. [To put it mildly] Apparently though he WILL get it - so says the schools assistant administrator. And if that's true - great. Unfortunately - the 'moment' has forever been lost. It's kind of like a bride or groom showing up AFTER the wedding. [Don't you think?]

I was curious.... were there police officers at YOUR graduation ceremony? It makes me wonder just how 'tough and rough' this school is.

What's YOUR opinion on all of this?!

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Diploma Denied To Student Who Bowed, Blew Kiss to Family

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Oh yeah there were police officers at my graduation.....hell, we had two police officers IN SCHOOL. And yeah, denying him his diploma was defintely an overreaction, i feel bad for the guy now.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

WOW! Sounds like that superintendent needs to get a life. Graduation is a once in a lifetime type of event, it is something you remember forever and that poor dude, no matter if he was "disruptive" or not, which it doesn't seem like he was, is going to have a crappy memory forever. I think the superintendent needs to apologize to him and his family.
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

one even if he said "f*ck this place" that still doesnt mean he didnt do the work to get to graduation in the first place, that school district needs to formally and publicly appologize
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

HA! I doubt half of my high school class would have gotten their diplomas if that was my school. I remember one guy break dancing when they called his name. As long as we didn't flash or curse we were good.

Besides the school I went to didn't give our diplomas until a week later. I didn't receive mine until the next school year because they misspelled my name and had to send it back (they noticed it before they gave it to me). Then again this is the same school that had me still as a Junior the day before I walked. I actually graduated as a Junior. I never made it to being a senior in HS.

The school highly over reacted. This whole zero-tolerance stuff is getting WAY out of hand.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

wow.... uh... wow... well that was an over reaction... stupid people
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
DarkSoul
Loyal

Post by DarkSoul »

I agree. I mean, he was showing appreciation and love for his family, as well as a good sense of humor. I think it should be encouraged, not reprimanded.