Age Is My Concern

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
missy177
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Age Is My Concern

Post by missy177 »

Most people on ths site have good reasons to use it. And most poeple are in their teens or lower 20s. Although it is my concern that I have seen some members that are in their 30s or even 40s. And unless they are on staff I feel that members should be acual teens or close to them. The point is to get advice from fellow people that have a good understanding of what people are going through and what it is like to go through it at a young age. Also teens and young adults post in confidence are expecting to get advice from people in their teens or early 20s.

Thank You
four
Veteran

Re: Age Is My Concern

Post by four »

We only have a couple members older than their teens or early 20s, and trust me they are very good people.
NAAM
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

We only have one member(active) that I am aware of that is out of their 20s. The others have been dormat for years. I wouldn't concern yourself with this. The members of this site are always respectful, caring and help the best we all know how to. If and when we do have problems, we have consequences. Once in a while it's best to have somewhat of a "big brother" or "big sister" around. I, personally, think of this member as just that.

This is a website and unfortunately, we can't garuntee the true ages of anyone on here. We have a lot of members who post that they are older or younger than what they are and unfortunately, all we can do is turn our heads because we can't really "prove" other wise. I'm sorry if I wasn't much of a help, but I'm sure one of the admin's can clearify or justify things better than I can.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Honestly, if we had someone that wasn't really safe to be on this site on this site, they would have gotten booted out real quick........we are a tight closeknit community....there is a certain level of family here, and closeness.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I certainly appreciate your input on this matter, but I am dissenting both as a member and an administrator from your point of view.

We do our best here on HT to monitor activity to make sure that all of our users are safe. We have never had an issue with adults being on HelpingTeens, and further we believe that teens can often benefit from the experience of people who went through the same things that they did, even if they are a bit older.

We like to include everyone. You are free to ignore any advice you get that you don't wish to take. Most importantly, if you are concerned about your own safety or believe for any particular reason that something that's not Kosher is going on, please let an admin know immediately. We will take care of it swiftly.
-Sam!
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

hey, I'm 22

I've been here since I was 16.. so started as a teen. I just got attached to this site, and sometimes I come here just coz I feel like I have some experience to share, so why not?
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
missy177
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by missy177 »

I know and that is okay that is not what I am mainly zeroing in on. I am more pointing to those who are regestering at this site at an adult age. The fact that you have been on this site for a while is a good thing. Mainly because you better understand it and it can help you in understanding many different posts. But those who register at an adult age such as their late 20s early 30s are the ones that I am mainly talking about.
missy177
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by missy177 »

Thanks to those who posted in this forum. Also thank you all for helping me better understand the situwation. I will keep this advice in mind while using his site. Talk to you around.:D
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

trust me, the admins are very quick to ban people who dont follow the rules.... and are very strict with the bans.....
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

[quote name='01234567890141;495422']trust me, the admins are very quick to ban people who dont follow the rules.... and are very strict with the bans.....[/quote]

Are we now? :P
-Sam!
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

lol im 21 but i started here as a middle aged teen, and just wanted to say that sometimes even though i know we are trying to look for like-aged people for help that a couple older opinions can also be very helpful, like when you ask your friends mom something you would never ask your own or atleast that is the way i feel about it, the whole with age comes wisdom
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

[quote name='LostMySanity;495427']lol im 21 but i started here as a middle aged teen, and just wanted to say that sometimes even though i know we are trying to look for like-aged people for help that a couple older opinions can also be very helpful, like when you ask your friends mom something you would never ask your own or atleast that is the way i feel about it, the whole with age comes wisdom[/quote]

And wrinkles. ;)

Just kidding. No, seriously - we love the contributions of older members.
-Sam!
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

[quote name='Sam!;495423']Are we now? :P[/quote]

lol at least Skye and OD and PPP were. I dunno about yout, but i have had enough bans to know.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

is.

I've lost my way.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

[quote name='01234567890141;495433']lol at least Skye and OD and PPP were. I dunno about yout, but i have had enough bans to know.[/quote]

I redesigned the ban system, though it is not yet in place - each infraction counts as a different level of severity - that way we don't end up banning people for three counts of chickenshit.

This will be implemented in the nearish future, but I'm already using it. Luckily, we haven't been issuing many warnings lately.
-Sam!
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

[quote=Sam!;495445]I redesigned the ban system, though it is not yet in place - each infraction counts as a different level of severity - that way we don't end up banning people for three counts of chickenshit.

This will be implemented in the nearish future, but I'm already using it. Luckily, we haven't been issuing many warnings lately.[/quote]

you do know why i got banned right????

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

is.

I've lost my way.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Back on subjet?
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

[quote name='Kit;495473']Back on subjet?[/quote]

I think the point has been made.
-Sam!