Need some feedback.

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

SammyWhammy

Need some feedback.

Post by SammyWhammy »

OK. so here is my story. I am on the pill (microgestin) and i take it religiously. well last month i got period the first night i finished my active pills, which i thought was weird, but i figured since its a new brand, maybe its different. well it was super light, like a day and barely anything after that. so this month, i randomly began thinking that i was pregnant. like my chest has gotten bigger, but i believe i gained a little weight. so i just push the thoughts out, but then i didnt get my period when i should have, which for me is usually by tuesday, i have had a little spotting but minimal. i have taken a few pregnancy tests, all negative. i talked to a nurse (my friend and i both got tested) she told me that while you can get negetive results, my pill makes my periods really short and light.

so my thing is, does that mean not getting my period at all will happen or really light spotting counts.

and i spoke to my friend who has a 1 year old daughter. she told me, that she began thinking she was pregnant when she actually conceived (or around that time) and take test 2 days after she did, which of course came out negative, but a few weeks passed it came out positve. any comments would help.

i feel confused. i really thought i was, like i have never felt the way i have recently, and i have been on several diff. types of the pill and have ALWAYS gotten my period on time.

what do you guys thing?
SammyWhammy

Re: Need some feedback.

Post by SammyWhammy »

its unlikely that i am actually pregnant right?
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Re: Need some feedback.

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

Hey there. It sounds to me that it's really unlikely that you're pregnant - the pill (or any form of bc) can mess with your periods a bit until your body adjusts.

Here's the truth of it - when you're on bc, there is no medical reason for you to get your periods. When bc first came out, it was designed so that women would skip periods altogether. However, the government decided that it wasn't natural, and that women had to get periods anyways - thus the 'off week' or whatever it is with the bc you're taking.

But basically, your uterus doesn't build up the lining like it used to, and thus has very very little to shed. This varies with everyone, but basically your periods will indeed be shorter and lighter. It's different for every person and everyone's body, but some changes do happen with bc - it's hormones, so your body weight and breasts can change. That's all natural.

If you're really worried about it, wait another week or so and take another test. But unless you've been skipping doses or somesuch, it's really unlikely.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_