*shead a tear*

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

*shead a tear*

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hmm...so this semester is almost over (we have a 3 day week this week, off R&F) and finals start monday . . .

i am depressed leaving nad going back home (haha i'll go insane w/i a wk i swear) but i will be working like crazy so it iwll be fun :)

but i have to admit i am scared to get the final grades for the courses i am taking . . .

I keep a running tally via excel of the higest possible grade i can get and the current grade i have and as of now i will leave this semester with: 4 As, 1 A-, 1B...

the last part hurts soo bad b/c it is in managerial acct (part of my major track for both econ and fin)...

i know it is the knowledge that is gained from the course that is more important than the actual letter assigned to the course, but A-s hurt me enough (3.67 pts) and a B (3.00 pts) are just a dagger to the heart...

That A- might even be a B or a B+ depending on how the professor grades the final (he is pretty anal about everything nad though i am the only one who came to every class, he doesn't really care)...

hmm...

*depressed* i guess the most damaging part is i come from a school that doesn't hvae the best student reputation (hell 100+ kids just got arrested over the wkend because of block party *shakes head*) but i mean business program wise we are accredited and everything, but i just fear going into an interview and them seeing my univ. and then "A-, B, B- . . . "

-Jeff
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Re: *shead a tear*

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Oh please, those are good grades, plus it's only your first year. You still have many other chances to get excellent grades.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i know they aren't bad grades, but to me getting a "B" is basically telling myself i am not good enough to get an A ~ or i didn't work hard enough/study enough, etc (even though i know its not true)...

i guess it runs parrell to my perfectionalism...i like to be in control of everything and i feel that by not getting an A in something i am opening a door for attack and loose control of my path...

-Jeff
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

It may pay to get A's, but C's get degrees
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

the third one...
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I do not want C's though (especially my freshman year taking 100 and 200 level courses)

what, munchkinprince?

-Jeff
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

It pays to get A's but C's get degrees

In my experience, C's only got me the third degree

*cheesy drumset punchline*

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

*shakes head* i still don't get it...haha...

-Jeff
snowboardgirl_16
Loyal

Post by snowboardgirl_16 »

Going into university I had a 95% average... first year I was a keener.. I needed to get those A's.. I busted my ass off and it still didn't pay off... then I relaxed, which most of my friends were shocked by that I finally just accepted grades and didn't stress about it so much. And to be honest.. so much happier.. I go out, I have fun.. and still work hard. Yes I may just get B's, and I'm fine with that. I talked to my university councillor and she told me that when applying for a job, they don't look at your GPA, they look at your degree, your extra activities, your volunteer work.. Instead of wasting my time studying day and night, I divide that energy in half.. half goes to school, half goes to extra stuff: working out, volunteering at the hospital, joining groups on campus, and having fun with my boyfriend and friends.. I plan to make the most out of my university life. You are only young once, these are your prime years, why waste it all stuck in your room eyes glued to a textbook?
"Could you be the one to find me safe and sound? Love is how it's lost not how it's found. I don't know those eyes, but I see beauty there always. I know it's wrong to love you from afar but it's a craze." Azure Ray

"Take a look at yourself, and put your heart upon the shelf. It still bleeds, these wound won't heal, This pain inside is all that's real. Fall, as fire. Fall as fire from the sky above." Stutterfly

"It's all about the icing, and nobody cares about what's inside. You could see the outside face, it looks good, it must be great. And I know that's all you see. What would it matter anyway? Cause I can see right through your pretty, pretty skin today." The Early November
Ingenuity
Loyal

Post by Ingenuity »

From my experience, being told by others that your grades are fine isn't enough for some. If you really want A's, then I'm gonna say go for it. If you know you can get them, and thats really what you want, then just put fourth that extra effort. Some people just aren't satisfied with B's, and that sounds like you. My grade grubbing tendencies have calmed down considerably, but B's still upset me, and in the grand scheme of things I don't mind skipping events or depriving myself of sleep if thats what it takes. It's a trade off, and you need to decide which one means more to you, having fun, or having a really pretty GPA. If you didn't mellow out in highschool, it's possable you might not during college, so just work on time managment and better study tactics.
Save The Cows!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Yeah i am one of those people, haha, which is sad to admit...

Well i have great time managment/study tactics ~ i am obsessivly organized and all of that fun stuff, but both of the profs. who i will probably get Bs in are extremly difficult profs. to get As in...

But my big thing is future employers won't look into the profs...they will look at the resume and be like: "Ohh, i see you had a B in managerial accounting...sorry, we aren't interested" or something like that regardless of what i learned or anything...

---

Perhaps its just my paranoia that gets me scared about not being taken seriously...

Hmm...well my mana acct. exam is tomorrow mornign (8am) and i think i have everything down --> the part i do the worst on is the vocab - like i know the words and can use the words, but she puts such abstract sentences that are very vague and wants you to fill in the blank (no word bank)...its hard when there are 120 words for the 5 chapters and she arbitrarily chooses 10... the first exam i got 3 right, the second i got 5... its not even like you can study the words she focuses on in her lectures, because 3 of the 10 on the last exam were from stuff she didn't even talk about *shakes head* but i got to say i love her class (i was one of the only ones that passed her on the evaluation ~ i think the part of me that despises her class is becuase i know when i become a prof. (part time) i will be just like her, haha)

:)

-Jeff
VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole »

Good job, Jeff. Try and remember, the grades are only half of college. The other half is finding yourself, cliche as it may sound, and about finding people, and learning life lessons.

Some of those are going to be more valuable then what you'll learn in a textbook.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Yeah i know that (too) haha...

Though i often put my future over my present, i do enjoy being a part of organizations and meeting people that way . . . i think next year i will attend more GSA meetings (not to hook up w/ people, but just ot converse (though there is this one gay kid who i despise -- and a lot despise me because i won't fuck around with them, haha)

hmm...

but yeah i know that it also helps finding yourself, and i think i did that - i am more comfortable with myself and no longer worry when people whisper about me (they still do - but i dont' worry as much) . . .

hmm...

-Jeff
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...on a side note - grades were just posted:

---

Fem Reading A

Econ I
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm...on a side note - grades were just posted:

---

Fem Reading A

Econ I A

Econ II A

Intro to Chem A

Managerial Acct B+

Intro to Info Tech A-

----

that comes to a semester GPA of a 3.83 lowering my Qumulative GPA to a 3.88

----

hmm... though i am happy w/ those grades part of me is still grabbing htat damn tissue...

-Jeff
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

I hear ya on the grades man...........I need purely A's an nothing less than a B+. Goddam picky ass Med schools. DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!!!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

If it makes you feel better, which it probably won't... I need a 7 for my GPA next year to get my overall GPA over 4.

Ana
Loyal

Post by Ana »

dont worry about your grades. i got c's in some of my classes this semester and last. but you know what. i got into the nursing program. evidently you dont have to be smart to be a nurse after all.
Loves Chris with all my heart. without him i do not know where i would be. he is my savior and someday i hope to help him like he has helped me.

I love you chris.
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

wow. That's only slightly ginormous

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

Jeff, I am glad you did well on your exams and i hope you are feeling better about your grades. I also wanted to saythat bloom is a good school, i know that some of the locals get pissed aboutthe block party but people out of the area dont know as much about it. So don't worry about the schools reputation. As long as you don't get busted with an underage or something atthe party you dont really have anything to worry about - frankly the bloack party amuses me.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."