Bisexuality?

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

WhOaMi?
Loyal

Bisexuality?

Post by WhOaMi? »

i just wanted to know what you guys think, b/c i know some people that say that you are gay or stiraght ....and i personnaly classify myself as bisexual....i also was wondering if you would be less likely to date someone who considered them selves bisexual....i wouldnt seeing as i am...
sbloemeke
Veteran

Re: Bisexuality?

Post by sbloemeke »

I actually have a personal belief that everyone in this world is bisexual. Some people just hide parts of their emotions and feelings in order to conform to society. It's a wacky idea, but I think it may be true.

And I can't answer the second, as I've never dated.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Ehhhhh

I have had some very bad experiences with bisexuals.

And I feel much more comfortable dating lesbians.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well sexual orientation is a continuum that goes from Exclusively Heterosexual to Exclusively Homosexual

With people falling all throughout the spectrum, so yes i feel bisexuality exists...

and as for dating someone who was bi, i don't know...i mean i would prefer a gay guy versus a bisexual guy, but its not about orientation i am after - it is about their personality and them as an individiual

~Jeff~
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Well. I can date guys or girls and be okay with it. Just becuase thats how I am. I like guys more but that doesn't mean if I find a great girl that I wont like her just as much as a guy
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I believe that there is bisexual, though you see people making more of just gay and lesbian, and you don't hear too much about bisexuality. As for if I would date them? I have before. Actually, my most "serious" relationship with a girl was with one that was bisexual also.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I am attracted to both genders, however i cant say i really believe in bisexuality. Why? Because everyday I live with it, and I know it's not concrete. I feel like a pinball that just keeps shooting back and forth from girls to guys, but I know eventually (like most bisexuals), I'll just slip into choosing only male companions are girls. I don't believe in bisexuality, but I do believe you can be not stationary, or fixed to one sex.

Also, even if this does make me a hypocrite, I would be less likely to date someone who is bi. I don't know why, I just feel like they're a little more elusive, like I can't pin them down. Like I would just know what to do or how to react if say my girl friend cheated on me with another guy, but if she cheated on me with a another girl, I don't know that I could react to that. I would have to take the punch.
Harlequin
Loyal

Post by Harlequin »

I consider myself bisexual and also believe that everyone is to a certain degree. Like a guy who identifies as straight would be 95% heterosexual and maybe 5% homosexual. I just think it would take the right person and the right situation.

It bothers me what a bad rep bisexuals get. It's like...people think you just haven't "made up your mind". It's lame. I think it's partially do to the amount of younger teens who tell people they're bi during the month and a half they're questioning their sexuality, and then later realize they're straight.

But as for me...I'm attracted to the person and not the gender. I think assuming that bisexuality doesn't exist is pretty much saying that the only thing a person cares about in a relationship is sex. If a person comes along who I feel a connection to, it doesn't matter to me whether it happens to be a girl or a guy. The important part of a relationship has nothing to do with what kind of parts you have.
<span style="font-family:Impact"<span style="color:purple"0 Days sarcasm free.[/u]
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

i watched this movie (dont ask which movie i dont remember) but the girl broke up with her boyfriend b/c she was in love with one of her best friends (another girl) and she said that she wasnt bi, les, or striaght and that you should fall in love not with a person's gender or body, fall in love with thier soul.......i think that is awesome and true!
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

that's true, nice said. But still, I don't imagine a totally straight guy falling in love with another guy, no matter how great and sweet that other guy is
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I guess it's just a thing about using titles for yourself.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I hate that this question is still around and that gay and straight people alike can't accept bisexuality as a truth. I don't think we're all bisexual, but I think there are many more that are than are coming out these days. People who are uncomfortable dating a bisexual are ignorant. I hate that there are those that have trouble being monogomous, but there's a ton of straight and gay people that have that problem too. I guess I'm one of the extremely lucky bisexual guys that's found a girl who has no problem with it.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Ingenuity
Loyal

Post by Ingenuity »

I wouldn't say that all people are bisexual. Sure, most people can see beauty or attractiveness in both guys and girls, but that's not the same as being atracted to them. As much as people like to deny it, looks do matter. They are just one of many factors, and different people view others in different ways, but they still matter. A figure heterosexuals are physically atracted to what members of the oposit sex look like, and homosexuals are physically atracted to what members of the same sex look like. Then, they find someone in that group who they connect with. Personally, I am physically atracted to guys and girls, which I think is great. When I'm looking for someone I connect with, there are more people out there.

everyone minus the straight girls

as apposed to everyone minus all girls

or everyone minus all guys.

If I really like someone, then then weather they are a guy or girl doesn't matter. Ok, so a straight girl has an online relationship with someone for a couple years, and they fall in love with them, and for some reason they think they are a guy. When they find out that it's a girl, what happens? Does she decide she doesn't really love them anymore, and that she wants to break up?

Just some thoughts, but I have no problem with people not being bisexual. I can't tell you how to feel.
Save The Cows!
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

If I really like someone, then then weather they are a guy or girl doesn't matter. Ok, so a straight girl has an online relationship with someone for a couple years, and they fall in love with them, and for some reason they think they are a guy. When they find out that it's a girl, what happens? Does she decide she doesn't really love them anymore, and that she wants to break up?

[/b]

I would break up with them not because of their gender but because they lied about it. The feelings would still be there regardless of gender, but I personally could never handle being in a relationship where someone lies about something so big. I would stop loving them because of the lie, not their gender.

I hope this makes sense. I shouldn't post so soon after waking up. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Ingenuity
Loyal

Post by Ingenuity »

Well if they lied then ok. I completely get that. But thats not really what I was getting at. It's very hypothetical, and it prolly wouldn't happen. Maybe the girls name is christina and she uses the nick name chris or somthin. But the point is just if it did (no lying or foul play involved) does that change the people's feelings. Does that mean that they aren't in love if before they thought they were. As in if you fall in love with a person before you know the gender does it make it any different than if you fall in love with them knowing the gender.

just to clarify.
Save The Cows!
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Well if they lied then ok. I completely get that. But thats not really what I was getting at. It's very hypothetical, and it prolly wouldn't happen. Maybe the girls name is christina and she uses the nick name chris or somthin. But the point is just if it did (no lying or foul play involved) does that change the people's feelings. Does that mean that they aren't in love if before they thought they were. As in if you fall in love with a person before you know the gender does it make it any different than if you fall in love with them knowing the gender.

just to clarify.

[/b]

Aside from thinking if you don't know the persons gender by then, its an odd relationship, lol, I'll go with the 'case study'. (I get that its hypothetical and odd).

I would say that, in that case, aside from the above, lol, gender doesn't matter. The feelings would still count and the gender would be beside the point. Whether a straight girl would accept that she is in a gay relationship I don't know. But the feelings themselves would not be invalid because of gender. Falling in love would still be valid.

Just my thoughts. (I know they'll possibly be controversial, but there we go).

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

I thought I was bisexual when I was younger, but then my orientation picked a side in freshman year.

I don't see how a sexual orientation would affect a person's personality...

Nikki:You see it in TV sometimes, but you have to notice it. For example, Denny Crane and Alan Shore(I think his last name is shore) on Boston Legal have stated they love each other and are classified as straight.

Plus, I had a bad experience with a date of mine. I went to a dance with a girl who knew I was gay because that's the way my group works(I'm one of the ones noone can see dating someone else, so I go on organized dates with girls). When she realized she could do better than me on the dance floor, she left me and danced with a girl. Kind of insulting, even for a gay guy.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Well, I misread the poll and voted yes, however, I would not be more likely to date someone who knew they were straight or knew that they were gay rather than being bisexual like myself. To me it never mattered as long as they were a faithful person, had personal integrity, and met whatever other requirements I felt they should meet to be dating with me. But then again, my opinion probably doesn't mean anything anymore since I got married last year.

Oh, and, yes, I've always been bisexual. That's just who I am.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Physically I think both genders are attractive but it's more a personality I'm into, eventually all I see when I look at a person is their personaity and that's what makes them utterly beautiful to me.