Does Nudity Equal Sex?!

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Does Nudity Equal Sex?!

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're OK.

For as long as I can remember [and I have a pretty good memory!!] I've envied those who are nudists. And/or those who live in countries where BEING nude isn't considered 'dirty' or 'sexual'. In North America - we have been taught that nudity equals sex. This is why 'we' [well... Americans at least] 'fuzz out' naked bums on TV and fine TV stations for daring to expose any human 'naughty bit'. It's OK to show a dead body - though - just make sure he/she has clothes on.

I honestly believe - given the fact that I am extremely self-conscious of my body - that if I were brought up in a society that did NOT consider nudity a naughty thing - I would feel much better about my body. I would know that bodies come in all shapes and sizes and wouldn't have bought into all of the lies I've been told. [Especially when it comes to what a typical male body looks like] In North America - the only naked people we get to see [other than those we're having sex with OR those 'glances' we steal while in some locker room] are of those who have extraordinary bodies. Flawless skin, big 'boobs' or 'jungle-sized' penises. No wonder so many of us [myself included] feel so insecure.

I remember the first time I saw photos of nudists in a European magazine. I was about 14 years old at the time. I was SHOCKED to discover that people DO come in all shapes and sizes. There were photos of young people and old people. Fat people and skinny people. And everything in between. Some were good looking - and some were not. I was jealous. Not because they were all naked - but because they all seemed to be OK with being naked. They seemed to be OK with their bodies and OK with other people's bodies. I was also surprised to discover that none of them were having sex or looked as though they were aroused. They were just naked - and nothing else.

So many of us have been taught to be ashamed of our bodies - so we live our entire lives in fear of being 'caught' or seen without our clothes on. [Or at least many of us do] And isn't that sad?! Many years ago my brother went to Germany where he stayed at a youth hostel. [A small hotel for young travellers that have little money] Everyone had their own room but shared a bathroom at the end of the hall. The first morning he went to the bathroom - to have a shower, etc., he wrapped himself up like mummy so none of his nakedness would be exposed to any of the other residents. But as soon as he left his room - he was surrounded by a dozen or so naked guys either walking towards the bathroom or walking back to their rooms. NONE OF THEM were showing off or being 'sexual' in their behavior. They were just naked. It was no big deal. No one was ashamed or embarrassed. And why should they be? They have been brought up to accept themselves as they ARE. Where WE [in North America - and other countries too - of course] are taught to be ashamed of our bodies. We are taught that there IS an 'ideal body shape' and IF we don't measure up in every way - then we're not 'good enough. And really - isn't that a cruel lesson to teach anyone?! I think so.

That said...

What do YOU think of 'being naked'?! Do YOU consider 'being naked' a sexual thing? Do YOU think of 'being naked' as if it is something naughty and that we should be ashamed of our bodies? OR do you agree with me and believe that IF we were brought up in a society that did NOT frown upon nudity that most of us would feel a lot better about ourselves?!

Have a great day!!

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Does Nudity Equal Sex?!

Post by Jaegermeister »

I'm perfectly fine with nudity, in a non sexual manner. But then again, I've been a swimmer for a large portion of my life, so really, the quote you hear from my teammates and I is: "Oh, THAT'S what you look like with clothes on!" It's a sad state of affairs that you have not recognized girls who you swim with every day because you've never seen them wearing make up or with their hair done. Oops.

But, I can kind of see what you're saying Craig, kind of not though. I think I'm one of those lucky people blessed with the erm.... "extrordinary body and 'jungle sized' penis." So I guess I've never really thought about it that way. I'm also probably a bit biased about nudity, because I've been naked numbers of times with male/female teammates, with little to no self consciousness, but then, I don't know how prepared I would be to see the average body on display, as the only people I'm ever naked around are the exceptions.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Memphis38128
Loyal

Post by Memphis38128 »

I think there's nothing wrong with nudity to an certain extent. Most people love being naked.. others thinks it is a lack of respect. So, I think there's really nothing wrong with nudity unless that person is being nude for sex. There's my sweet and short comment.
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

Well, it depends on the situation, nudity doesn't NECESSARILY have to lead to anything sexual, but if two people who are attracted to each other are naked in close proximity, though, and that throws that out the window.
VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole »

The only reason nudity is so exciting and shocking to most people is because its not seen every day. And from the time we are old enough to wear clothing, we're taught to cover up.

Hence why seeing the hidden areas gets people sexually arroused. Its an adrenaline rush of seeing something that's on some level forbidden.

Kinda like sky diving makes some people horny, etc.

IMHO, of course.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

The only reason nudity is so exciting and shocking to most people is because its not seen every day. And from the time we are old enough to wear clothing, we're taught to cover up.

Hence why seeing the hidden areas gets people sexually arroused. Its an adrenaline rush of seeing something that's on some level forbidden.

[/b]

Oooohh so thaaaatts why gay guys turn me on so much? :P
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

i think we came into this world naked, and in the bible in the begining adam and eve were naked, so what the heck is wrong with it.

the human body is art, no other creature in the world looks like us.

i was watching the very begining of titanic on tv and they fuzzed the boobs on the drawing, i was like WTF? that was so stupid, i wish people here were ok with nudity.

I cant even wear a cleavage-ing shirt without my boyfriend freaking out because other people tend to stare, i am proud of my body though it may not be the skinnyest or the most beautiful (or what our society considers so)

i have often wished i could join a nudist colony, not because i get turned on by seeing naked people, but because it is freeing and there is nothing to hide.
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]