How Do You Validate Another Person?

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Lena
Veteran

How Do You Validate Another Person?

Post by Lena »

This came from another message board (I take no credit!), but I thought it would be good to post here.

How do you validate another person?

How do you validate yourself?

What makes you, you?

What makes other people who they are?

If you could paint with 3 colours what would they be?

What can you paint with these 3 colours?

Take one emotion/feeling that you struggle with. Can you express this in a metaphor?

E.g. Loneliness is a piece of cucumber nobody wants

Loneliness is watching tv through tennis-netting

Loneliness is a group of fallen leaves in autumn

Loneliness is a bottle of anti-depressants

Loneliness is a late study session

Loneliness is a bare white-washed room with no carpet or ceiling

Loneliness is a dead bird.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Re: How Do You Validate Another Person?

Post by candela »

i dont really know how to answer the first two queations maybe ill attempt them later.

If i had to pick three colors to paint with i would logically pick blue red and yeallow cause they are the primary colors and you can mix all other colors from them- however to get at the true meaning of the question i think i would pick red, black, and yellow,; because they can portray all my emoptions and feelings

I would probably use them to either paint a self portrait or paint an abstract painting with object that represent issuses im dealing with and use the color to help show how they affect me or how i handle them.

Loneliness is an empty shell

Loneliness is the smiling face painted on a clown

Loneliness is the silence a mime must maintain

Loneliness is a stab to the heart made by your best friend

Loneliness is knowing that if you did call someone they wouldnt care enough

Loneliness is being kept in a sound proof booth and watchingthe world go by

Loneliness is being kept on a pedestal

Anger is a lion who must be tamed

Anger is a monster that waits in the dark to devour you

Anger is a man who looses his self control

Anger is the devil

Anger is thunder and lightening

Anger is a pot of boiling water

Anger is conflagration that burns the soul
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

I do not quite get what the first two mean either, but I'll answer the rest...

I am me because there are so many me's. I am me because I have the advantages and disadvantages of multiplicity. I am me because I do what I wish to do, and not what I am supposed to do. I am me because I can claim what others can't.

Others are themselves because they are all normal and icky. :P

My 3 colors would be Blue, Sea Green, and Red. I could paint a snowflake falling into an ocean under a setting sun.

Confusion is a road of a thousand turns

Confusion is the stars in the sky

Confusion is death
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

How do I validate another person?

I'm not very judgemental and seldom people really are so scrutinizing. Basically, if a person is nice or just isn't a mean person when I first meet them (he/she is not rude to me or does not ignore me), they're validated. They probably don't know it because I'm incredibly self-conscious and it takes guts for me to say my hello. But if they say 'Hi,' they're in.

How do I validate myself? When someone dolls out a compliment or a nice gesture to me, for somethiing I feel is worthy of if, that is when I feel validated. I validate myself by doing what I think I'm good at and seeing a good result from it. It's a pretty poor way of validating onesself. Otherwise, I guess I 'accept' the way I am now. Negative. Depressed. Sorry to admit it.

What makes me, me? I don't know. I haven't figured it out. Every time I think I can put a stamp to give me a definition or a sense of what makes me a (good) person, I find whatever it is is only temporary. Such is life when you leave the confines and protection of high school and a steady, predictable schedule of volunteering and piano lessons. Suddenly, everything that makes you, you, disappears into thin air. And it goes away so quickly. Then you supposedly start building yourself anew. However, for me, I just learned that everything in life, whether it be a friend, a job, a schooling, is temporary. And that nothing in life really maintains meaning. In the end, life isn't anything special. It's just a predictable pattern or a circle of life we're forced to follow out of habit. You follow the predictable steps, then you die. In essense, I am just an insignificant person in the scope of this entire world. I fill a chair. Not like anyone really pays attention if the chair is filled or not...

What makes other people who they are? Their personality, I guess. That never seems to change. Man....if I think about it as what that says about me...I guess what makes me me is loneliness. Or you could say my 'personality' which is a combination of habits I possess and express in a mixture of situations. If I think about it, my personality isn't so bad. But it's the faults in my personality that really take the shiny center stage when I screw up, and for that, they are always easily marked as an 'me.'

That's all I can muster up right now. I'm actually surprised that I got something out of it in the end...not something so greatly life-changing, but who knows where it'll take me. Thanks Lena
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

How do I validate another person?

By knowing when its not my place to pass judgement and respecting their desicions

How do I validate myself?

Thats a tough one........I guess I try to accept a compliment when i'm given one

What makes me me?

A refreshing blend of clinical depression, PTSD, anti socialness yet a heart of gold and skills with little kids

What makes others others?

Their blend of traits and behaviors and,well, not being me i guess

If I could paint with three colors they would be green (not seafoam of olive, more like kelly) black, and crimson red.........

I would paint........well I don't know how to describe it in words, but I am picturing how it'll look....

Lonlieness is wishing and waiting someone will notice, while knowing they never do.....

lonlieness is wanting to participate but not having the guts to do so

(ok, this wasn't much, but its not even six in the morining here, so give me a break)
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch