Ugh!

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Stuck911
Loyal

Ugh!

Post by Stuck911 »

So my whole life I've been on diets and a ton of dance classes. Every other day my grandma has something to say abotu my weight :furious: . How I should lose more weight.... I weight 120 and I'm 5'3.. I tihnk I'm fine. But with her sayign stuff like that everyday I feel fat... I stop eating or eat less, cause I hate when she says that stuff. My friends and my boyfriend are starting to worry about me.. I'm scared and I dont know what to do :'( .....
DON'T HIT KIDS..... No seriously...... They have guns now

I'm ashamed at what I did for a Klondac bar.......

I want a realtionship I can finally sink my teeth into
sbloemeke
Veteran

Re: Ugh!

Post by sbloemeke »

Have you confronted your grandmother on this yet? If not, it may be the best path to take. She may think she is providing you with encoragement, but if you let her know that it is hurting your self-esteem and is making you deppressive, she may reconsider telling it to you. Try to ask it calmly and plainly first, and preferably in a time when she has not recently called your overweight. This way it will seem less spur of the moment and more of something which has been bothering you for a much longer time.

However, if you are happy with the way you look, I do not advise trying to change that. If it is not broke, do not try to fix it. It is my personal philosophy that if something pleases you now, and will not have long term consequences (IE: Mass murder will result in you going to jail), then you should not try to do anything besides that. So, I advise you to keep on eating what you normally eat, and do the same amount of dance classes as you want.

-Steven
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

ignore her? you know it's not true what she's saying, so stop listening to that.
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
dna13
Loyal

Post by dna13 »

As the previous posts you should either ignore her or talk to her, and tell her how her comments make you fell. Depends what type of person she is.... 120 for 5' 3" is definitely not fat. I'm 140 for 5' 6" but most of us on this forum are still growing, so we shouldn't worry about anything like that.

~~~Dana~~~
Awesome website: Stoopid

What's the worst that I can say?

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long and goodnight

Well if you carry on this way

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long and goodnight

Can you hear me?

Are you near me?