Dependence

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

gloomyluv
Dedicated

Dependence

Post by gloomyluv »

I've come to the realization that i'm too dependent upon my friends (which is probably why they ignore me).

I already felt alone, but i feel that i need to isolate myself in order to become independent. I'm not exactly sure what i should do.
Nikki
Veteran

Re: Dependence

Post by Nikki »

try spending more time on your own, doing stuff you like to do. Meet new people. Just do stuff you don't do every day with your friends.
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
sanctioned_madness
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by sanctioned_madness »

this might sound weird, but you might want to try broadening your circle of friends. if you have one or two close friends, that's super-awesome and you should stick with them, but you might want to try inviting a couple extra people next time you go out. maybe take the initiative and suggest something you've really been wanting to do that you feel comfortable sharing with a few "extra" people. this way you could be more independent by choosing what you want to do, still be with your friends, but also not be "clingy" because you'll have a couple more people there with you.

or you could talk to your friends and see if they feel like they need a little space and go from there.

just a suggestion. i'm sure you can work it out. =)

<3
I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous,

or a buttonhole, not because it did anything spectacular,

but because it never forgot what it did.

-Naomi Nye, "Famous"

One always dies too soon--or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are--your life and nothing else.

-Jean-Paul Sartre, "No Exit"
love_not_war
Loyal

Post by love_not_war »

i way agree with the chick abouve me... im like that too.. way to dependent on my friends.. and it makes me totally sad cuz like i dont have that many.. and the ones i do ugh.. its kinda bullshit.. i mean. i love em.. but they hardly call me or anything. but im not here to bitch about me.. but yeah.. you shouldent isolate yourself from people.. to me that just makes stuff worse.. but find some extra friends.. and like go somewhere very social with a couple friends, but have them introduce you do some other people there.. and go back in forth between everyone.. i shouldent be talking very loud tho.. i havent solved my dependancy problem.. haha. sorries! wish you luck tho!
Muh eLJay[livejournal]

"*Don't be a drag baby...

I dig you a lot, and if it makes any difference, I'm in the band.

No no no, I don't sing.

No, I don't play guitar.

I play tambourine...lead tambourine!*"

"I Try To Look At Your Face, But All I Can See Are Your Breast!"

"It Really Hurted When I Banged The Floor!!"

"A Fry With No Salt Is Like A Butt With No Hair!!!"

"My Tummy Just Went 'BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH' haha!"

"*So don't let the world bring you down,

Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.

Remember why you came and while you're alive,

Experience the warmth before you grow old.*"