Please Stop Doing This and "why me?"

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Shorty
Dedicated

Re: Please Stop Doing This and "why me?"

Post by Shorty »

Thanx for bringing up this point, i am that way, i am skinny and can eat and eat and not gain a pound. People think i am anerexic but i am smarter than that i dont want to get sick to look good. Cute and playful, you are so right an overweight person gets offended by a coment like that does anyone ever wonder how we feel when we receive coments like,"Are you anerexic?" or "You are gross eat more, put some meat on your bones!" Some of us really do get offended by coments like that but people don't realize it!! Thanx again!!

lots of love/Shorty ;)
"Yeah, we make great friend but it just isnt the same...and i know this is not the way it should be."

"The love we cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest and hurts the most."

"A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey"

"He's the cutest, sweetest, nicest, greatest, most romantic, most insensitive jerk I have ever met"

I loved you yesterday, I love you still. I always have, I always will.

My Webpage
linds*07
Loyal

Post by linds*07 »

im sure a skinny girl posted this.....take a walk in someone elses shoes...its just an opinion...and this is where opinions and advice goes hand in hand.

--linds, the fat girl
I sit alone in darkness

and peer into the world

i wonder what has happened

that made this so ubsurd

i know the times have changed

and all the people too

but now im lost among them

with nothing left to do

i cant say what i want to

for my words they wont accept

my sanity has been fading

and hope is all thats left

theres no one there to guide me

and i cant see through the pain

i grab the knife secretly

and cut away at my vein

the one that matters most

that makes the blood flow through

i watch it all drain slowly

and remember what is true

the people stepping around me

didnt care at all

so now as im dying

I'm obeying the satanic call.

-my mind. =(
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Anything is an opinion. Calling someone a 'disgusting, ugly, piece of shit' is an opinion, but does that make it acceptable? No. There are double standards for skinny/overweight people and I'm trying to get rid of that (on this site at least). Anyone can have low self esteem, and this includes skinny girls, and they don't need it knocking down any further by someone calling them anorexic.

And I'm not biased, I just felt like I should point it out so the name calling stops.
I wish I were a spy.
XxBroken
Dedicated

Post by XxBroken »

So well said, and it's nice that someone finally said it.

<3 Elli
Image Forever Always, you're the one that keeps me holding on.
unik_angel
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by unik_angel »

hi,

i agree people should go around saying those things!!!!
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Originally posted by linds*07@Jul 30 2004, 01:12 PM

im sure a skinny girl posted this.....take a walk in someone elses shoes...its just an opinion...and this is where opinions and advice goes hand in hand.

--linds, the fat girl

It's not always cool when people are always saying "Whats WRONG with you? Why do your hip bones stick out?" or "GO HOME AND EAT" - it doesn't exactly make you feel GOOD about yourself... I mean most people want to be 'normal' and for me, I don't like to 'stand out' or get extra attention (and this is not exactly GOOD attention..), so it's not fun.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

As the guy who fits in girls' size 00 pants but eats at least 3000 calories a day, I have to concur.

Evolutionarily speaking, the ability to store calories in body fat was a good thing--now, with the advent of civilized society, we have the ability to overconsume.

In the end, though, there's a lot of just gender differences as well. At the age that we're at, girls' metabolisms are slowing down, while guys' are either speeding up or staying constant.

So you can't really call skinny girls gross. True, they may be idolized. But that's like hating someone for being born white.
__hazyxeyes
Loyal

Post by __hazyxeyes »

I honestly can't say I relate to this. But a couple of really good friends of mine, and a girl who used to be my best friend, are just really skinny and it made them feel really shitty when people would look at them weird or just go up to them and accuse them of being anorexic, it's really sad but that happens. So it's not right to say that skinny girls can't complain about being skinny.

But... society puts so much pressure on girls that aren't thin, that it's not fair to them either. Because, just like people who see skinny girls and think, "Oh my goodness, she must have an eating disorder!", people look at girls that aren't skinny and automatically think they eat too much, and that makes girls who aren't thin feel just as bad.

I've always been somewhat overweight and I eat less than most people I know and I work out a lot. Some people are just born skinny. Some people aren't. The weird thing is that I have a somewhat normal weight, I could stand to lose a few pounds... but I'm not that fat. The only thing about my body that I'm really all that unhappy about is my stomach. But pretty much the only reason why my stomach looks kinda big is because the area between my hipbones is kind of concave because I am somewhat big-boned and my hipbones stick out like made crazy. Oh, gosh, especially when I lay down, but I kind of like it... I have a really bad body image and I've always that I looked fat but when my hipbones stick out it makes me feel a little thinner.

And although, it's REALLY unfair for people to judge you right away based on your looks alone, sadly, that's the society we live in. I wish eventually people would realize that this is just the way some people are.
sorrow drips into your && there is comfort in the sound

MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

omg... $30 for a WEEK??? I get less than that a MONTH, for spending money, lunch, and the like
Dave_19
Loyal

Post by Dave_19 »

the kids in africa are harsh i agree but, look on your own streets. the amount of homeless ppl, straving ppl, abused ppl.

i dont; need to watch starving African kids ads on TV. i can just do downtown and see ppl sleeping on the sidewalk that smell like shit and you wonder if they are dead or not so you poke them with a stick. and still feel shitty about how i can't help them

but alot of them are gib techs or crack heads and dont; need to be homeless. and alot of homeless ppl have alot of ways to get better too like buck trucks and shelters. i knew a couple of guys that lived ina tent for about year and a half, they had jobs just didnt; spend the money on anything good. and they were lived pretty well though

i kind forgot what i was saying and my point...

complete different point - is the suicide rate higher in africa then north america?
:. my crazy life

<span style="color:teal"|B|e|e|r| my Anti-Drug
Senna
Dedicated

Post by Senna »

Going back to the OP, isn't the whole point of a "Why Me" thread is to rant about something? A person complains about their life for a few minutes and then they move on? I don't think anyone who posts in a why me thread is stuck on the whole concept of life not being perfect very long. I've found in real life and online I can complain about something and then work through my complaints by seeing/hearing myself complain and other people's reactions. Sometimes I don't need to work through them. I just move on after I rant and get some of the stress out.
emilikee123
Loyal

Post by emilikee123 »

My dream, since my first trip to new york city, since i saw a homeless person in a fountain looking for change. My dream was to get a job to make a lot of money. That way, when i can do things for myself, i could go up to a homeless person and not give them money, but take them home with me. Change them for the better. Get them cleaned up. get them a job. help in evey was possable. that is why i am looking to be a genetic engineer. i could help so many people with that job. I could bring in the families of people who have history of genetic disorders. I could get rid of the disorder before the child is born. so then they wouldnt have to suffer like i am right now (tourettes syndrome) I could also have a lot of money from that job to help whoever is helpless. I want to be rich so i can go to these starving countries and give food, water, and shelter. If i cant be rich, i want to get a husband who can support both of us so i can go voulenteer. My life goal is to change the world in the best ways possable. I want to help people who really need it and not people who are milking off of the government.