Everything for your self esteem

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Tay

Re: Everything for your self esteem

Post by Tay »

so what if you think really hard but cant think of many (if any) good things and you dont want to let others know how you are feeling?
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

chocolate really does help when eaten in small amounts. (unfortunately once i open some i cannot stop eating it!)

If you look in the mirror and cannot find anything you like about yourself, then why not ask someone else what part of your appearence they like??? a friend or family member,

Good luck
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I find if you keep chopping and changing bits in your everyday routine, that can help me cheer up as its a change from the same things you do everyday. ;)
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
scarred_for_life
Loyal

Post by scarred_for_life »

Hey dude! those r some really good pointers...i think its good to know that theres something out there that can save someone that completely despises themselves. the looking into the mirror thing is good...i used to HAVE to do that, every morning. it kept me going! :dancing:
He swears he didn't mean to...he was just cleaning it and then it went off...:)
RockNpUnKchic123
Loyal

Post by RockNpUnKchic123 »

yea..i like the one about shopping and finding three tings i like about myself..i do it every day...it helps slightly..thanks for posting the others..i should def. try them
Oh, you are the roots that sleep beneath my feet

And hold the earth in place

Each time a faucet opens

Words are spoken

The water runs away

And I hear your name

No, nothing has changed

There was this book I read and loved

The story of a ship

Who sailed around the world and found

That nothing else exists

Beyond his own two sails and wooden shell

And what is held within

All else is sure to pass

We clutch and grasp

And debate what's truly permanent

But when the wind starts to shift

Well, there's no argument
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

hey guys!

this is a technique that i use ALL THE TIME when i'm feeling down, depressed, sad, just when life ahas me down you know? and it works reallyreally well, and i hope this is where this list should go!

:) ok, here's how it works. you have to write a list with ten things you love about yourself. no cheating and only doing five or six and saying that's all you have ;)

just think of ten things that make you happy to be, well, you! :D

here's my list:

-i have a million wondeful friends

-i lost the weight i wanted to lose

-i have pretty eyes

-i have good shoulders :P

-i don't judge people based on their appearances

-i give money to charity

-i stand up for what i believe in

-i do what i think is right

-i love life

-i look out for the little guy

now, see? i feel better already! sometimes it seems like you're bragging about yourself, but sometimes you need to brag about yourself to make yourself feel better, you know? :D

so, i hope that this technique will help some of you guys out there who are feeling blue!

go from :'( to :D !

hugs and love, hannah

ps-if this should go somewhere else, feel free to move it! :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
toria720
Loyal

Post by toria720 »

That's a great technique and im gonna try it too. I've thought of ten things now and its kinda helping for now. Thanks

xoxo-victoria
"What's another word for thesaurus?"

"Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy."-Steve Martin

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."-Phil Donahue

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."-Charlie Parker

Email: Toria720@yahoo.com

AIM: Babyface102938

Feel free to PM me too!
velvet_raindrops

Post by velvet_raindrops »

Ya kno that is a really nifty lil trick imma have ta remeber dat 1! thnks bunchz!
Live Life n be happy with who u are cuz sumtimes ur all uve got and that has to be enuff.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

:) you're totally welcome!!

glad i could help! :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Ya that is a great exercise. I think I should start an exercise book on ways to make me more confident. :D Thanks for the suggestion. I shall try it and tell you how it goes.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

you're very welcome!!

definitely tell me how things work out! :)

sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

hehe that really is a good exercise and ive never thought it would work but ive also never tried it and now that i think about it (with a clear non-depressed attitude) i really do think it would work

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

lol thats a good idea.. I was thinking people should do things like this- we should make it a topic where everyone has to do it and post it (well not HAVE to, but you know what I mean..)... just to FIND things about themselves they like-- make it pinned or something.. maybe we could just turn that around and urge people to do it!
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Ok I put this in with all the other self esteem stuff.

Is this alright with everyone? If you want me to split it, then do say. But there were so many it was looking unruly.

If you have some other ideas and which topics to separate, anything at all, then please tell me :)
I wish I were a spy.
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

There comes a point where you look in the mirror and think you're the ugliest thing in the entire world, and you hope you die before you literally blind someone with your ugliness. You hate yourself inside and out, think you're stupid, mean, whatever...

I was at that point.

But then all the sudden, I started thinking about it. I really think my low self-esteem is the reason I have no friends. I mean, really. Who wants to be with someone who hates themself, thinks their ugly, cuts, cries a lot, doesn't really talk, and is withdrawn? I don't. So why would anyone else?

So I've made a pact with myself. I'm determined to turn myself around somehow. I made signs for my wall. They say, "I am:", "Beautiful", "Wanted", "Loved", and "Smart". I recommend everyone to at least TRY to turn around. Don't sulk in the self pity you all have. You're not ugly. You guys are all beautiful. Just look inside yourself for that beauty. I guarantee you'll find it.

If you need me, I'm here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!