Self Esteem

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

big_johnson
Loyal

Self Esteem

Post by big_johnson »

I have no self esteem what so ever. Im not confident around people at all. I try to make friends, but they end up thinking Im wierd or w/e. I try to be fun, but it just makes it all worse. Now, I don't hang out as much as I used to b/c Im not good enough for them. I dont what it is about me that turns peoples backs to me. I dont know if its cause Im a bad person or I dont look like a super model or w/e.

I just want some more friends, and I think my self esteem is causing it. What can I do to boost it?

Sorry, if its all confusing :wallbash:
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana
belis
Loyal

Re: Self Esteem

Post by belis »

I have similar problems. U used to have very very little self estime. Noe it is constantly improving as I have started volunary job in a hospice which is quite difficult (I need to answer phones and I am scared of doing it, some patients are very rude, some are very sick, some relatives are nasty but never mind that is a bit off topic) but I am getting all that support from nurses and I feel realy good when sb says thanx for what I am doing. I started meeting more people, got involved in Duke of Edinburgh Award and first aid training in my school than started playing basketball, which is scary experience as I am realy crap at sport. I am making new friends slowly but constantly simply becose I have opportunity to meet people. Find st you are up to, join a club and you will soon meet new people and probably make friends.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

ive had that problem, but ive learned from my mistakes of trying to make new friends in the wrong groups, just be yourself, dont be someone your not, and like ive said to you in other posts think positive thoughts, your a good guy! all that matters is, your a good guy, if they dont like you for that, dont try to befriends with them, find new people!
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
linds*07
Loyal

Post by linds*07 »

be whoever u wanna be. if some person dont like it then fuck them...just find someone else. most people dont care about other ppl bc theyre too bust fretting about themselves. actually i find taht most people arent worth tryin to be friends with bc they just want to use you for whatever qualitites you posess.

fuck em all dude.
I sit alone in darkness

and peer into the world

i wonder what has happened

that made this so ubsurd

i know the times have changed

and all the people too

but now im lost among them

with nothing left to do

i cant say what i want to

for my words they wont accept

my sanity has been fading

and hope is all thats left

theres no one there to guide me

and i cant see through the pain

i grab the knife secretly

and cut away at my vein

the one that matters most

that makes the blood flow through

i watch it all drain slowly

and remember what is true

the people stepping around me

didnt care at all

so now as im dying

I'm obeying the satanic call.

-my mind. =(
big_johnson
Loyal

Post by big_johnson »

Yes, I have met those people who just want to use me. Being the nice guy I am I let them keep doing it. And usually its the ladies who are always wanting something from me. No offense...

These people are just wandering around in their own little world that they like to call paradise. On the outside, they look cool and fun, but on the inside they are scrambling around trying to find their true self. So, to cure this scrambling, they try to act like someone cool or w/e. To give them a character so they don't have to find their own. Basically, they look at someone and say "Ok, I gotta act like him/her and dress like him/her or I won't be accepted." Consequently, they fall into that hole and get to the point that thats all they know how to do. Act like other people. Plus, they don't give other people a chance b/c they don't look like them or don't dress the way they do. Thus, they avoid them in fear of getting a bad rep and people thinking they are a skank or w/e. Then, on top of that, they call everyone else the lost one. That they have no idea whats going on and need a reality check.

Kinda sounds like a cult to me lol

"Death to those who not join our cool people cult!"

Maybe Im just hating...but I just wanted to rant about that. :P
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana