Please Stop Doing This and "why me?"

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

pmfman
Veteran

Please Stop Doing This and "why me?"

Post by pmfman »

why me? why cant my life be perfect?

i could just say "life is what you make of it" and leave it at that but trouthfully i dont want to say that and you probably dont want to hear it either.

remember the wallgreens commercial "we live no where near perfect....." i hate that commercial. having a 'perfect' life has nothing to do with having all the luxuries you can think of, also unlike Robert A Henlien's "the richest person is the one with the most friends" that is also not true, it is the one who makes the most of what they are delt. i know you are thinking "ya right" but no matter how bad you have it in the long run its not that bad. there is someone that used to go to my school that i will never forget, she was from a war torn country and her whole family was killed in front of her and then brought to canada (you would think that was horrible) it was, but she still managed to keep a smile and look at the good in her life. because when one spends thier whole life looking back at thier past they miss the future. life is too short for pitty and regret there is always good in your life no matter what the situation.

I will also remember the time that me and my dad were comming back from a car show, and our car broke down in the middle of the rain with no where to go and someone said "look at the bright side" "WHAT FUCKING BRIGHT SIDE?!" even in our situation, it could have been worse.

A technique you can do is to list everything that went good in your day. everythnig from "my pencil didnt break during my test" to "i passed my drivers test" not just things in school, but everything throughout the day.
"we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated" - Corinthians

"only two things are infinate, the universe and stupidity" - Albert Einstein

"People standing on escalators are a testimony to human lazyness" - Christ Novolestic

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

"Just because your paraniod it dosnt mean there not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"Peddle the ass that god gave you, buy nitrous" - Dave Ghrol
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Re: Please Stop Doing This and "why me?"

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi pmfman!! :)

Thanks for posting that amazing message.

I am so impressed by what you said. Most people go to their graves NEVER knowing what you already know.

I wonder....... is our unwillingness to accept the fact that our lives COULD be worse - the reason why so many of us run for the remote every time one of those starving African kids ads comes on TV?

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

You guys, I agree with you in every single way.

There are kids in africa that die everyday from just cronic diarrhea. Things that could be cured in a few days, they die from. They have no money, and I often hear stories from over there that just sicken me. I feel terrible. I am going to do something about it when I get older.

If you think you have it bad, there is always someone out there that has it worse. That is what gets me through the day sometimes. Some people just don't realize how good they really do have it...

My friends gets money for lunch every week, and I will never forget this...She started to get all mad and scream and go on and on about how much her life sucks, just because she only got 20 dollars insted of 30...

:x

-Jessica
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I've noticed a LOT of people making comments like:

"Skinny girls look disgusting"

"It's better to have meat on your bones than look like a skeleton"

And it's just not on, ok? No one has the right to insult one body type to make another appear better. Yes, women with curves can look very beautiful, but so can women without. There are plenty of beautiful women with no "meat on their bones" at all, and some girls are naturally skinny and NOT because they are anorexic. It can't make girls like that feel very good about themselves when you call them "disgusting" or "gross looking".

If a black person had been racially abused, you don't go around saying white people are scum, in order to make that person feel better.

So please stop doing it.

Everyone's beautiful in their own way...it's all about wanting what you've got already ;)
I wish I were a spy.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

I definately agree with you. While trying to make someone feeling better, keep in mind that its not alright to hurt another one. I'm' naturally skinny and I've had people just look at me.. like.. I'm different and people dont really need that here either..

I think it was a good idea for you to post this...
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
Froggies7
Loyal

Post by Froggies7 »

I never thought about it that way.. Thank you for opening my eyes.

your right

hehe~Frogg
<span style=\'color:gray\'I will observe and obey the tenets of TKD

I will respect my instructors, seniors, and fellow students

I will never misuse TKD

I will be a champion of freedom and justice

I will build a more peaceful world
Emily
Veteran

Post by Emily »

Rock on dear.. I know alot of people think they're helping, but what about the skinny girls, the one's who look like that, it's really nto helping anyone.

Great job for standing up and saying something :thumbsup:
I'm under no illusion

As to what I meant to you

But you made an impression

And sometimes I still feel the bruise

-"Sometimes I still feel the bruise " Trembling Blue Stars Image
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

i agree,

i have heard people say similar things and it really annoys me.

thank you so much for bringing this point up, i think people should remember this point more often
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

hey thanks for bringing this point up! im also naturally a slim jim-it was just how i was supposed to be. like some ppl are supposed to be curvy. 2 of my mates are curvier than me, and they are always complaining that i make them look 'fat' and i should eat more fatty stuff so that i wouldnt be so slim. :rolleyes: i insist that they're not fat, and it upsets me that they are on another diet. But im also fed up that i get stick for the way i am. and im fed up of people saying that the jews in the holocaust were fatter than i was!!

so yeah, stop dissing skinny ppl-they might not be able to help being ...umm, skinny!!
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

i think the only reason why ppl do that is because they hate the way they are themselves it is very annoying if you dont like yourself dont take it out on others-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Rock on :D
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
true
Loyal

Post by true »

Yeah, but just to be fair here. . . they may not choose to be skinny, but they are hella lucky!!! It's not like a great travesty that they were born into the ideal (in America, at least) body type. I'm sure they don't feel too bad about being skinny. . .whereas people who are heavier may feel social pressure from the culture to look a certain way. It's a hierarchy in American culture- and when you can't reach the top, it's easiest to hate it to feel better about yourself. It takes courage to not hate ANY body type. But seriously, with all the crap society feeds us about looking perfect, I can't blame the curvy girls.
true
Loyal

Post by true »

Yeah, but just to be fair here. . . they may not choose to be skinny, but they are hella lucky!!! It's not like a great travesty that they were born into the ideal (in America, at least) body type. I'm sure they don't feel too bad about being skinny. . .whereas people who are heavier may feel social pressure from the culture to look a certain way. It's a hierarchy in American culture- and when you can't reach the top, it's easiest to hate it to feel better about yourself. It takes courage to not hate ANY body type. But seriously, with all the crap society feeds us about looking perfect, I can't blame the curvy girls.
Little Lost Girl
Loyal

Post by Little Lost Girl »

Amen!

Thank you times a thousand for saying that. Loved it.
<span style=\'color:gray\'"Don't be afraid to cry...it's in crying that our spirit is reborn."
Magical
Loyal

Post by Magical »

I have a friend thats pretty skinny, and people call her anorexic and stuff. I think its really stupid because she eats so much but it doesnt go on her. It's not even there problem if there skinny or not, its how god made them so I agree.
bluegray
Loyal

Post by bluegray »

Thanks for opening up my eyes. I never looked at it that way.

Blue
kittykat91419
Dedicated

Post by kittykat91419 »

I recently read an article that made a good point, for those who believe in evolution, and even those of us who don't really. Think about when people were still hunter-gatherers. It was a huge advantage to be able to put weight on quickly when they could find food, it meant people could stay alive during the famines. There is a strong human tendency to gain weight when we can eat plenty, because our bodies remember times when having food available was very unpredictable.

Everyone has a natural body type. If you excercise, eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full, you'll be just fine. (I'm struggling a little with weight, right now, so that's what I'm trying to do. I lost a lot w/o noticing, and now . . . well, I'm working on it. Keep me in your thoughts, pls. Thx, Me)
cuteandplayful
Loyal

Post by cuteandplayful »

Yeah, when I was in the hospital one of the fill-ins for my therapist asked me "are you here because you skip meals?" and I was like "uhh no.. I probably eat more then you do." I'm tall, skinny, and have small boobs, but that doesnt mean I have an eating disorder. Thank you for bringing up this point. I'm sick of hearing "you need to gain some weight" it'd be considered rude for someone to say to a large person "you need to lose some weight." So whats the difference?
It seems to be that on Oct. 14, 2006, I'll be bring my own lil blessing into this world. I'm so happy, I will do everything to make sure my baby has everything good! It makes my heart ache, I cant wait! I know it wont always be perfect, but we'll make the best out of every moment. Its worth it.

I'm deeply in love with someone who makes the world make sense.

You know when you love someone, you cant explain why, it all just makes sense in a crazy way. Its addicting but it makes you open your eyes and live for who and what you are. There is just something about the way they make you feel, it just opens your heart and makes you love. You cant control it, the emotions you feel. For me, it makes me a happier, brighter person. I'm grateful for this.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

i get told all the time i need to gain weight... even know i eat like constantly. its just a metablism thing...
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

ugh, i think its rediculess that girls with more "meat" on theyre bones keep on saying that skinny girls are nasty. its not true.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*