Hydrogen Road Tour - May 26th to June 3rd

All the news thats fit to print! Please bring all debates here, but make sure to keep things civil!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Hydrogen Road Tour - May 26th to June 3rd

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're having a super duper day.

'Test Drive the Future'.

Hydrogen powered vehicles will be leaving Chula Vista, California on May 26th, 2009 and arriving in Vancouver, B.C. on June 3rd, 2009.

Click on the link below to read all about it.

http://www.hydrogenroadtour.com/home

QUESTION:

Do YOU think hydrogen powered vehicles will play much of a role in the future of the automobile?!

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Hydrogen Road Tour - May 26th to June 3rd

Post by FiZzBaW »

Hey Craig! Thanks for Sharing!

I'm not sure that hydrogen powered vehicles are the answer or that they will play a large role in the future of the automobile, but I do know that something has to be done about our dependence on foreign oil. So whether it is electric, hydrogen, natural gas, or high efficiency gasoline I'm all for it, so long as something positive is being done.

My thoughts

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

four
Veteran

Re: Hydrogen Road Tour - May 26th to June 3rd

Post by four »

I believe that hydrogen fuel cell cars are the future of the the market, but require a huge investment in the infrastructure of this country. The current issue with hydrogen fuel cells is, where do you get the hydrogen? At the moment we knock hydrogen atoms off of natural gas... which really does not help anything. The way you want to get hydrogen is electrolysis, splitting the water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen, but that requires enormous amounts of energy.

Now here is the important part, you build a buttload of nuclear power plants, build up the power grid in the country, and have small electrolysis systems put in at the new hydrogen "gas stations". Therefor this takes the power from nuclear plants, which is a very green power source with very little waste, and transfers it to your car, with only a nominal amount of lost energy.
NAAM