My Grandmother...

Have you experienced the pain of losing someone close to you? Do you grieve over the death of someone you knew? Here is a safe place to seek support.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

sbloemeke
Veteran

My Grandmother...

Post by sbloemeke »

I don't know why exactly I'm posting this, but I just need to...

5 years ago, my grandfather died on 2/7, my birthday. Naturally, that hit very hard, and I still miss him dearly. Well, 2 days ago, my mom called my grandmother to see if she was going to be coming to my birthday party. No answer, so she assumed she was out. She tried again yesterday morning, and still nothing. She got worried, and called my next door neighbor to ask her to find out if anything's wrong. She found my grandmother on the floor... My parents rushed over there, but she had died before anyone had arrived... So, a second death as a "birthday present"... :(. It just has really been depressing me, and things are just going to get worse... I haven't even experianced what it'll be like next year... I'm really missing her, now, and I just want this to end...

And something else has been really freaking me... I don't know if it is coincidence or not... When my grandfather died 5 years ago, something told me back in January that he would live to see me turn 12 (I think that was it...) He did. And at other points, I made random predictions that came true, be it my prediction last year that Wake Forest would be upset by West Virginia, or my prediction that a friend would be getting a 97 on a test he thought he failed. And, it's begun to creep me out... On Christmas Eve, at church, I was standing next to my grandmother and we were singing Silent Night under candlelight. Something then told me that this would be my last Christmas with her (Even though she was perfedctly healthy at the time, and only 85...)... And it came true, even though it was wild. I am honestly getting scared...

Sorry, this was more of a vent than anything...
faith
Veteran

Re: My Grandmother...

Post by faith »

im very sorry about your losses. hang in there. i have lost 3 of my 4 grandparents, i know how hard it is. pm me if u want...

~faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
*mel*
Loyal

Re: My Grandmother...

Post by *mel* »

hey there.

I am also very sorry to hear about your losses of your grandparents. Losing people who are close to you is not an easy thing to deal with alone. and feel free to vent here ANY time!! that's what we're here for! =)

I've had some things happen to me though, that you have had also. And at times, it really makes me wonder too....except, when i try and predict what's going to happen, it never works...lol, go figure.

But I have also had this happen, and i believe it is just coincidence. Although, the thing with you knowing that that Christmas was your last Christmas with your grandma could have been more. somtimes our "gut" feeling is something that we should listen too. don't become paranoid just because you have a "feeling" though. But sometimes I believe that we really do just know when something happens or is goingn to happen. Kind of like a mother's intuition.

Maybe that feeling at Christmas was kind of like God's "sign" to you, that this would happen. Giving you a chance to spend time with your grandma and "say goodbye"

I don't know...I'm sorry though for everything you're dealing with. you're right about it being a sucky "birthday present" I'm sure you don't even feel like celebrating your birthday because it feels like yo'ure doing something wrong. I just want to assure you, that you're not doing anything wrong when you celebrate your birthday. Just because your grandpa died on the day, does not mean that you should have to be "depressed" all day. Think about your grandparents, yes, but don't dwell on it. they wouldn't want that.

Alright, well now that I'm COMPLETELY off subject, hang in there! Talk to people! much love *muah*