New Idea?

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

New Idea?

Post by SirPostAlot »

Hey i heard this on CNN (I believe) but cannot for the life of me find it online...

but it is the new idea that homosexuality arrises from the warmth of the uterus during pregnancy...

the warmer the uterus (like above normal temperatuers) can lead to homosexuality, though i am not qute sure where their ideology comes from....

but i swore i saw it on some accredited news show (or perhgaps medical show) but i cannot find it...

if you heard anything or can find anyhting about it, i would be highly happy :)

~Jeff~
Saren
Veteran

Re: New Idea?

Post by Saren »

I don't think I have heard ANYthing like that before. They always have something different though. So it doesn't surprise me that it would be said. So silly. Kind of like the Old Wives tales of assuming the sex of a baby before it's born. They say if you get sick a lot, you must be having a girl. My boyfriend's mother was pregnant after him, and she constantly got sick. Come to find- nope. Boy 100%.

Whatever. I don't like going by those things. I don't really care HOW anybody's gay or bisexual. As long as they are happy and living their lives.

(BUT to maybe hint you if you wanna find this thing, have you tried YouTube with different key searches?)
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

*shrug*

Maybe that helps the release of estrogen or vice versa.

Dunnno but I'll check it out, for sure.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

Yes I've heard of this though the scientific backing is a bit iffy, and though I do agree with you saren on how gay people should live their lives happily, I disagree on your indifference to the issue. For starters I do believe that homosexuality can be and is likely to be genetic, the idea behind this is that they had tested gay males females lesbians and straight males by using pheromones. When using a pheromone extracted from the male body and tested on females, they found that the hypothalamus gland began to secrete more GNrH, tested on the gay subjects and the same effect, when tested on lesbians and males they found that it had no effect besides triggering the senses of smell. They extracted pheromones from the female and vice versa, lo and behold it had the reverse effect on the heterosexual females and homosexual males, yet on the lesbians and straight males senses of smell weren't as active and the hypothalamus gland became much more active.

Science can really help gays, if its biological then you can do away with the therapy sessiosn to try and "save" the person, or the idea that it's sinful or it's unnatural. Because if it is biological and assuming that I adhere to the judeo-christian doctrines one can conclude that God made this man or this woman gay, and unless you have the audacity to call God's creation sinful, you'd believe that it is natural (though biologically and scientifically it isn't in my opinion) thus acceptable. So I for one do care how far science takes homosexuality because it can certainly help create a better future.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I watch CNN every morning, and yeah, I hear some pretty radical ideas like that one on there, and I've tried to look them up as well, but found nothing.

I swear to god, sometimes they're just making stuff up.

Also, I guess you couldn't really toss the idea that sexuality is based on the warmth of the uterus. I know there are some fish that will lay only male eggs or female eggs, depending on how warm or cold the water is. I'm not saying there's gay fish out there, just making a connection.
hopeless_
Loyal

Post by hopeless_ »

I heard from a friend who heard from a friend's sister that if your uncle rolls his tongue on a full moon while a 37 year-old woman in Tokyo is giving birth to a girl of 4 kilograms while it's raining in Chicago, has an effect on you and your sexual orientation while in the womb.

True story!
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

i dont believe that temperature of the uterus while you are in the womb affects your sexual...although that might be when it is decided (i dont believe it is a choice)....
JesseJStealth
Dedicated

Post by JesseJStealth »

I do not believe that the sexual orientation of a person is determined by the temperature of the womb prior to birth. I am more inclined to believe it is a valid difference in brain chemistry.

As for the sex of the baby... The sex of the baby is determined by the man's sperm, not the temperature of the womb. Though interestingly in crocodiles and aligators, it IS the temperature of the nest that determines the gender of the babies.
The Descent into Madness... Jesse J.