How Long

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Tbear

How Long

Post by Tbear »

how long do you think someone should wait before having sex with their boyfriend?
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: How Long

Post by OverDrive »

Waiting a long time is a good idea because you can't ever get back the fact that you slept with him. I'm talking months. You don't know how long the relationship will last, and many teen relationships last 1-9 months. There is no right or wrong answers to this question, only feedback.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Youngen

Post by Youngen »

I don't think it's really about how long till having sex I think it's about whether you trust them or not? Like with my boyfriend I was only with him a month when I had sex with him but I don't regret it I loved it and I'm happy that I did.
Rukata

Post by Rukata »

It depends. Personal recommendation would be at least 4-6 months, but if you've known them for a while then it might be alright to have sex sooner. At 4-6 months you'll probably know whether or not you can consider him long-term material, so honestly go with your gut. Don't do it because you're horny, but when you feel like you're ready to bond with someone in that way.
John8
Dedicated

Post by John8 »

When you're ready to trust yourself with him, that he's not only into sex or something like that. If he truly loves you he could wait til you get ready.