Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!
Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 pm
Okay so I have some questions regarding the birth control pill.
1. At 16 years old would I be able to go to Planned Parenthood without them contacting my parents and get on the Pill without them knowing?
2. Will it lower my monthly flow? (I have an extremelyyy heavy flow by the way so I'm wondering if it will help).
3. How do I ask my mom about going on it without her freaking out?
4. My periods vary from 26 days apart to 46 days apart... I'm extremely irregular. Will the pill help?
- Hooked On HelpingTeens
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm
Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know the answers to your questions, but what I do know is if you live in the UK, you can see your GP (without parents knowing) and I think even under 16, you can get the Pill, but you should see your GP anyway to confirm. And I think it does lower monthly flow, I may have heard somewhere about people taking it just for the purpose of lowering flow, although once again, your GP can tell you more than I can
Let go of your grudges. Let the bitterness die tonight. Make a decision today that it's time to move on. And begin again. New, this time. Never forget that what has passed you by was never meant to befall you. And what has befallen you, was never meant to pass you by. Know that sometimes Allah withholds from you, in order to give you something better. Keep your heart focused on Him, and He will take care of the rest. And remember: you will stumble, but that’s part of the path. Keep going. Keep rising, and refuse to give up.