The Patch

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

kellykelly
Loyal

The Patch

Post by kellykelly »

I wasn't entirely sure where this belonged, here or pregnancy, but I figured that's more about being pregnant. Anyways, today I got put on the patch and I have to wait until my next period to use it, but I had a couple questions. How long before the birth control is fully effective? Once it is fully effective, is it 'okay' for me and my boyfriend to have sex without a condom? I know you can that's obviously what the patch is for but, I suppose my question is more.. does the risk of pregnancy significantly increase without the use of a condom when you're on the patch? Considering too right now we have sex with only condoms. We're both getting STD testing very soon, and I wouldn't have sex without a condom before we both got checked, so I don't have to worry about that factor. Thanks.
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Re: The Patch

Post by nevermindmylife »

in my absolute honest opinion, two methods of protection are WAY better than one, as neither is 100% protection. So, on that note, I would still advise using both.

As for when it is safe to start, I am not exactly sure what it is for the patch, but I know for the pills I am taking the information in the package said a week, so I am sure that if you read the information in the package it would probably tell you when, or the company website might specify.

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along