Looking To Get Fixed........

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Looking To Get Fixed........

Post by The Sage Nabooru »

I've heard about guys getting vasectomies at 18 or 19, so I figure I can get my tubes tied at about the same age. I do know that it's becoming more common in our society for young women to become sterile. Anyone who's read all of my posts should know that children aren't anywhere in my future, here or 10 years from now :lol: so I want to know, how much does it cost to get your tubes tied, and is it easy to do?
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Re: Looking To Get Fixed........

Post by daffodildreams »

You just don't. What difference does it make to you RIGHT NOW if you had your tubes tied? You have no idea what is going to happen in your life.

I would have happily had my tubes tied when I was 18, but now I realise that would have been the BIGGEST FUCKING MISTAKE I could ever have made.

It's pretty irreversible. If you're sick of periods, tricycle your pill or go on depo provera.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

I know it won't stop my periods. But I've always hated kids, or at the very least disliked them, and it's always been this way. When I was a little kid, I can remember my grandmother saying things like "You know, when you're a mommy....." and stuff like that, and I'd burst into tears and throw a fit. I've even talked with my psychologist, and she seriously doubts that I'd ever want children, from my psychological "profile", so I think I'd be pretty safe having it done.
I love Alanis Morissette, The White Stripes, Sheryl Crow, The Beatles, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, U2, and so many others that influence my music. Write if you are interested.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

You're too young to know what you want right now, it might seem like a good idea. But seriously, what difference does it make to your life now?

You have the opinion of a psychologist at this age, have one done when you are 35 and properly not going to be having kids.

I've got $100 says you have a kid.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Pfft! Why not make it a thousand? You're on! :kungfu:
liquidlime
Loyal

Post by liquidlime »

I just read in your other post that you didn't want to have sex for now, so if youre not having sex it doesn't matter if you wait to have your tubes tied, like fruitloop suggested. And maybe you'll never change your mind about this, but still I wouldn't bother with it until you decide to start having sex.
<span style=\'color:orange\'Reality is the original Rorschach.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Well I hope to do it soon anyway. I just want to be sure I never get caught with a bunch of little whiny brats crawling and drooling all over me.....yechh. <_<
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

i'd believe your pyschiatrist, they tend to know things like this. i dunno where you can get your tubes tied though, sorry =/ I hear they don't allow it for women so young, but that's society today. i guess cause it's not reversable, kinda dumb i think though
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
unoshawty
Veteran

Post by unoshawty »

:wub: someone after my own heart. I want my tubes tied.... but my mom says she wants a grandkid. lol
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?
Bateluer
Loyal

Post by Bateluer »

Stop me if I am wrong, but I believe most doctors will outright refuse to tie the tubes of a healthy female before a certain age. Especially those in young teens. Their minds change too much in the course of the teenage years, they could very well decide they want to have children in the future. The doctors want to avoid being sued by disgruntled couples in the future.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

I would think that I wouldn't be too young, as I am 18 going on 19.
Bateluer
Loyal

Post by Bateluer »

Originally posted by The Sage Nabooru@Aug 13 2003, 06:10 AM

I would think that I wouldn't be too young, as I am 18 going on 19.

Thats what I was saying :P

I don't know if any doctor would be willing to perform that procedure if you're totally healthy.

Its their insurance policy. They don't want you coming back ten years later suing them because they tied your tubes at 19.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by The Sage Nabooru@Aug 12 2003, 07:36 PM

Well I hope to do it soon anyway. I just want to be sure I never get caught with a bunch of little whiny brats crawling and drooling all over me.....yechh. <_<

Yup. No doctor will carry out this procedure on you for at least another 10years.

But why do it? Its irreversable. Go on the pill- then you dont get kids, but its reversable. I just dont see how your mind works.

You could easily change your mind, iv seen it happen to loads of people before. You never know how special kids are until you've had one yourself, so dont go calling them "little whiny brats"!
stoplooking
Loyal

Post by stoplooking »

Yeah... because not any doctors would give you one at this age I would be very afriad if you ever find one that will due to the fact that means he isn't quite the doctor you would want him to be. Just my opinion.
Bateluer
Loyal

Post by Bateluer »

Originally posted by stoplooking@Aug 13 2003, 06:44 PM

Yeah... because not any doctors would give you one at this age I would be very afriad if you ever find one that will due to the fact that means he isn't quite the doctor you would want him to be. Just my opinion.

Word. His credentials are definitely subject.
ashie_is_sexi
Loyal

Post by ashie_is_sexi »

Well i talked to my mom about this once. She said that the doctor really pressures you NOT TO. Because think about it, One day you might want to have kids. Or even with my dads case, they were all, what if you get divorced? wouldnt you want kids with that wife as well? and they talked about all that shit. If i were you i wouldn't do it...

Its hard to reverse, plus you have to sign all this shit.
AshLeY-SieRra

my online-diary. if your interested.

{WiLL i EvEr BE THin EnOugh?}

This is Over my head-but underneath my feet.-Lifehouse.

I too once thought i was worth something-Alanis M.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I think they will only carry out the operation if there is something wrong with your ovaries, otherwise they'll just stick you on depo provera.

Just go on depo, chances are that it'll make you infertile anyway.
Shane
Loyal

Post by Shane »

Any psychologist who tells you that needs to be slapped. Repeatedly.

One study showed 40% of women between the ages of 18-24 who have their tubes tied regretted it, compared with 4% of women over the age of 35. If you actually believe you know what you'll want in 10 or 20 years (you don't), you could get one done for a few thousand dollars, and it is relatively easy. However, most doctors will not approve because of your age, and the fact that you're seeing a psychologist may also be a negative factor.
Shane

VGF Forums - Games, Entertainment, Health
Tyoka
Veteran

Post by Tyoka »

Originally posted by Shane@Aug 15 2003, 02:21 AM

Any psychologist who tells you that needs to be slapped. Repeatedly.

One study showed 40% of women between the ages of 18-24 who have their tubes tied regretted it, compared with 4% of women over the age of 35. If you actually believe you know what you'll want in 10 or 20 years (you don't), you could get one done for a few thousand dollars, and it is relatively easy. However, most doctors will not approve because of your age, and the fact that you're seeing a psychologist may also be a negative factor.

and what about that 30%? You know most of those 40% women are doing it so they can have sex more often and not have to worry about pregnancy. they don't think about babies. Some women actually DON'T want to have a baby. Believe it or not! The human species is warped to the point that some people actually DON'T want children! and WON'T! ever!

And personally, I'd take the train professional psychologist over another teenager anyday.
In this bloody dawn

I will wash my soul

to call the spirit of vengence

to deny my wisdom for anger

to break the scream of the silent fool

and to be knightrider of doom

The Tetsusaiga's tranformation effectively changes it from a Katana to a Falchion.

This changes its damage to 7-15 and increases its range by 10.

If you understood any of that, you have problems.
The Sage Nabooru
Loyal

Yeah........I can relate to that. One of my old aunts told me, when I told her I had never nor would ever like kids, that I should "seek counseling". Like there was something wrong with me or something!

And yes, most people do it because they want to have a lot of sex and don't want to worry about kids, and they think it's reversible. Face it: I've always hated kids - even babies (in fact, I think I hate them the most). I hated kids even when I was a kid. Call me stupid and cruel and delusioned all you want, guess what, I know myself better than you do. I think the people here that are determined that I'll change my mind are those same people that love the little kiddies and are aghast that someone doesn't like them, and think there's something wrong with them, and they'll just get over it. There's nothing wrong with me; I know what I want and feel. And I DON'T want kids, I don't like them, and I never will. I just want to know where I can go to get the procedure - I refuse to have sex until I know I am completely and irreversibly sterile.