I think I have a problem.

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

~Kerri~
Hooked On HelpingTeens

I think I have a problem.

Post by ~Kerri~ »

I dunno if this is in the right place, but since my problem pertains to becoming pregnant and all that stuff, I figure it should go here.

I have never spoken to anyone about this. Everyone who knows me knows I want to one day have children, but no one knows about this... I guess you can call it obsession. As long as I can remember, I have ALWAYS been fascinated by pregnancy and child birth. I always would imagine what my future would be like, always imagining it would be with a wonderful husband, and of course, children. Well. I'm getting the husband part this August, and hopefully by the end of this year we will start trying for a baby.... but for at least the past two years, I have had almost an obsession with becoming pregnant. I want so bad to become pregnant, I know I can't though. Well physically, I can, financially, its not a good idea right now. I know its better to wait, but, I catch myself wanting to just go at it without a condom, or hoping the pull out method doesn't work. I catch myself wanting the condom to break. Each month I kinda keep hoping my period won't come, and that when I take the test, it comes back positive.

I think this started back in 06, when I started feeling sick and stuff, and when I went to the dr, they gave me a pregnancy test, which came back positive, but almost a week later, my period started, hence, a phantom pregnancy. I found myself jealous when my 17 yr old sister told me she was pregnant. I know its normal to want a child, but, is there something wrong with me that I want a child this bad? It's not getting in the way of my everyday life, but I just mainly want to find out if theres other girls out there that want a child this badly also...
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: I think I have a problem.

Post by Fishhead »

Wow, you are so not alone. I've pretty much been obsessed with having a baby for ages.. Most of my friends know it. If I had a boyfriend, I'd for sure get pregnant pretty quickly. My younger sister (15) had a pregnancy scare recently and I was pissed because I was so jealous wishing it was me that was pregnant.. Because then it wouldn't really be a scare :)

Mentally I know I'm not ready (lacking a boy, job (as of today :/), etc).. but I would go for it given the opportunity.
mrs.edwards

Re: I think I have a problem.

Post by mrs.edwards »

You do not have a problem. A lot of girls go thorough this. For as long as I can remember I have wanted a family. I have always pictured myself as the stay at home mom with 3 or 4 kids. Being that prefect wife and mother. So I want you to know that you are not alone. I told everyone about though it helped me a lot! I also keep a journal so I can write down what I was thinking and or planning. I know its hard to hear you just have to wait, but believe me its so worth it to wait. I've been married almost two years, my husband just finished up his training to become a Police Officer, and now we can afford this huge step in our lives. So believe me waiting is well worth it. (tryin is the best part :)!!) I'm hear if you ever just want to tell me about your plans or the names you've picked out or anything.

From a girl who shares your pain!
LOVE your life its the only one you have! :)