Another Scare? Or Pregnant?

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Another Scare? Or Pregnant?

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

OK I am again worried I might be pregnant. I don't THINK I am but I don't know.

On Friday my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke, so he came inside me. The next morning I started my period AND started taking the daily oral contraceptive pill on the same day.

I spoke to my mum on the phone, and she told me not to worry about pregnancy with this situation.

But I wanted to do a test to put my mind at rest. But would it be accurate now or will being on the pill affect the accuracy of the test?
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Another Scare? Or Pregnant?

Post by Fishhead »

I'm unsure about taking a test while on the pill.. If you're really worried take a test or make an appointment to be tested.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

the home pregnancy test should be good as it detects HGC levels and not the horomones that are in the pill
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Halo_n_Horns
Veteran

Post by Halo_n_Horns »

I don't understand the mucus chart thing... does that mean the chance of me being pregnant is high or low if I have sex the day before I get my period???
<span style="font-family:Geneva"

TEACHERS PET

FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

low, that is if was a normal period
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Post by nevermindmylife »

well, in all honestly, since you weren't on the pill when the condom broke, and it did break, there could be a chance of you being pregnant. However, since your period started right after, it leads me to think that you have a better chance of not being pregnant. And there is also the fact that people don't get pregnant everytime they have unprotected sex, (although they CAN get pregnant everytime they have unprotected sex). I would say, wait a week or two after the event, and then go to the doctor for a check. The doctor will tell you the best type of test you can use at that moment (it may even be a store bought one) but I don't think anyone here will know the correct answer to your question, thus I recommend seeing a doctor.

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

angel88
Dedicated

Post by angel88 »

OK I am again worried I might be pregnant. I don't THINK I am but I don't know.

On Friday my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke, so he came inside me. The next morning I started my period AND started taking the daily oral contraceptive pill on the same day.

I spoke to my mum on the phone, and she told me not to worry about pregnancy with this situation.

But I wanted to do a test to put my mind at rest. But would it be accurate now or will being on the pill affect the accuracy of the test?

[/b]
Boo, I honestly think that you shouldn't take the test just yet. I would wait a few days and let everything settle down. I would just wait and then take the test. By you taking the pill on the same day I do think that it would have an effect on how accurate your test will be. So just wait for a few days and then take the test. Your mom says don't worry about the pregnancy because of the pill but just because you are on the pill, doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant. So, I woud wait and then check and see what happens. Alright?