Doctors

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Doctors

Post by SirPostAlot »

i found this in another topic and it really made me think . . .

Originally posted by GodsChild7+Dec 30 2005, 10:53 PM--
[/right]

[/b]
WOW!!!! That is awesome!!! If that is what you feel, then go for it!!!!

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Ok i have respect and all for doctors but this is one thing that i have been wondering...

see i know when you say doctor you mean a doctor at a hospital and such, which is why godschild congratulated you...

but there are other types of doctors (i.e. abortionists, etc) who also help people and witness help and stuff...i mean they help families in amazing ways by giving them a 2nd chance, but their work is seen as horrific and unethical...

also, people like dr. kervorkian, i also respect because he helped people end their life, and he helped families end a chapter in a loved ones life...i mean i know if my mom was in such horrible condition i would feel very distraught and everything, but when she was helped to death, i would feel better knowing she was helped ~ but yet again this type of doctor is seen as horrific and unethical...

those are my thoughts ~ whats yours on the issue . . .

~Jeff~
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Re: Doctors

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

I agree with you, they are doctors and they should be treated as such instead of as being monsters.

Then again, I'm the Dutch nut that's can get pot legally -.-
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

In my opinion those doctors are not doing the right thing. In my opinion those doctors do not help people and make people lives better. They make it so people dont have to be accountable for their actions. They give people an easy way out of the sufferings of life, which that we all go through.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Jan 5 2006, 09:47 PM

In my opinion those doctors are not doing the right thing. In my opinion those doctors do not help people and make people lives better. They make it so people dont have to be accountable for their actions. They give people an easy way out of the sufferings of life, which that we all go through.

[right][/right]

well im just saying in the abortion realm, i know alot of people who have had an abortion and they have learned from it and are either waiting till they find the right one to have sex or they are taking way more precautions and such, so though thier initial action which resulted in the pregnancy might be seen as irresponsible, giving them a 2nd chance should be done because in reality it is their life and having a child could really alter it for the worse (even if they give it to adoption, that is a lot of emotional stress and distress knowing that they have a son/daughter out there somewhere...also they would miss work for such things as being pregnant and such)..

and for the euthanasia facter, those people did nothing wrong ~ unless you consider being in the line of a hereditary disease, as a poor action....we watched a video about him and everything and it was hard to watch ebcause these people who wanted to get euthanaised where in the horrible conditions...and helping them end their lives was noble of him and really helped their family move on to the next chapter, of which their loved one would be a memory verses an liability and worry...

~Jeff~
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Another abortion and euthanasia argument. We've done this before. Both of them are a cowards way out. You told us to give our opinion, I did. Im not gonna make this into a big argument like you want.
Rurouni_ryu
Loyal

Post by Rurouni_ryu »

The fact that you apply the opposite end of the spectrum from my point of view, keep declaring that over and over again and still say that you don't want to make this a big deal, seems slightly hypocritical to me. Though I do agree, this is a thread where views should be posted and I think that any other arguments should be concluded through either PM or IM.
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

My absence is due to college... *snarls at college*
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I personally disagree with abortion and I don't have any particular stance on euthanasia.

However, hearing about your views on euthanasia and abortion has reminded me of the Hippocratic Oath, first thought up by Hippocrates of Cos (460-370 BCE).

'If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at G-d.' (take from http://www.cancerstory.com/servlets/set ... c_oath.jsp).

That is part of the Hippocratic Oath, and according to this, taking a life must be done with special care and forethought andthe patient must be sound mind:

'I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. '

...but the main part of being a doctor or a nurse is to save lives, not take them as it may be argued:

'may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.'

However, the main problem with doctors is if they act ethically and so letting someone die because they are in absolute agony or agreeing to abort a foetus may be seen in their eyes as being ethical...

I personally think that doctors are doctors to help heal the sick and keep them alive...however, I also agree that it is unethical to let a very ill patient who say, has cancer, to let them live if they are going to end up dying of the cancer...but they have to be sound of mind to say they want to be euthanised...

But I also think the problem with euthanasia is that it can lead to a 'slippery slope', where people who have terminal cancer or such will ask to be euthanised because they feel that they are a nuisance to the family...such things as this is the problem with such systems...

~*~R~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future