Bashing Or Sharing?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Adnama
Veteran

Bashing Or Sharing?

Post by Adnama »

There have been alot of accusations of 'bashing' running around lately. It's geting on my nerves.

First off- I'd like to state that the mods here are charged with keeping all bashing well out of this form. But, the mods are not gods, and they cannot be everywhere at once. This is why there is a [!]Report button to the bottem right corner of every post. Anyone who ever comes across a post that is 'bashing', or otherwise breaking a suport group rule, should call that to the mods attention by pressing that button, and it will be delt with accordingly.

However, I'd also like to adress what 'bashing' is.

Dictonary.com tells us:
bash

v. tr.To strike with a heavy, crushing blow: The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.

To beat or assault severely: The police arrested the men who bashed an immigrant in the park.

To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: "He bashed the... government unmercifully over the... spy affair" (Lally Weymouth).

As far as we're concerned, we can subsitute 'bashing' with, 'disrespect' and site suport group rule #4.

There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.

Now then. The purpose of this forum is to "let teens talk and discuss different aspects of their religions and/or beliefs."

Talk.. discuss... share.

Inorder to do that people must express their beliefs to each other. They must do it in a corteous and respectful way. But they are still alowed to state what they believe.

People have been geting 'shareing beliefs' mixed up with 'bashing beliefs' as of late.

So lets play a game of "Bashing or shareing?" for an all expece paied trip to the land of modly favor.

Is this bashing or shareing?

1. "I disagree with mormon doctrine and beliefs, but I still respect peopels right to have those beliefs"

Shareing. This is the acceptable way to express what you think. By makeing sure it's clear that it's what -YOU- think, and you are -NOT- imposeing that belief on anyone else.

2. "I hate wiccans, their beliefs are bull shit, and they're all gona rot in hell, ha ha ha."

Now THAT my friends is bashing, and it s strickly not alowed!

3. "I am christian, and I am all knowing, my beliefs are the only right ones and anyone who dosn't agree will burn in hell while I laugh."

Again, bashing.

4. "I am very firm in my Christian beliefs, and I'm very sure of them. Yes, according to my beliefs non believers are going to hell."

BASHING! BASHING! You scream.

NOPE! This person made it very clear that these are their beliefs, and they are not imposeing them on anyone else. They are simply shareing.

5. "I don't like christians, and I don't agree with them. Most of them are very close minded."

This isn't bashing either. Now, you can probably count on several members of this form to discount this particular oppion, but it is not outright disrespect, and it is not 'bashing'. Shareing, again.

Now then, is that clear now? I hope so. I'm greatly tiering of all the 'bashing' accusatins running around. If you're still not clear, feel free to PM me.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Bashing Or Sharing?

Post by A! Elbereth »

Thank you. :)
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

omg, wow, thanks for saying that, someone needed to. noone listens to me though :furious: :hug:
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
aplz
Loyal

Post by aplz »

I fail to see how any of it is bashing. It's a discussion. It's about religion. It's going to stirr up some people and get them aggrivated. But whatever. :

My Photography: http://aplz.l1quids.org
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

Its about darn time amanda, what took you so long, jk. Yeah, weve needed something like this for a LONG time, I was getting rather sick when Christians were being a accused of bashing anyone when infact we were stating where most Christians should and do stand on issues that arise.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

Yeah, definately, thanks a bunch, that really, really needed to be done.
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

omg thank you soo much for clearing that up! it is a really delicate topic and we totally needed that. THANK YOU! :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
ballin24
Loyal

Post by ballin24 »

good work genius
The time traveling is too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe-women!!

Yeah i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I dont know i wasnt really payin attention.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

good work amanda! :)

~Jeff~
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

<span style='font-family:Times'What if you are sharing what a source you found said like a book or something said? Like if a book said "anyone who doesn't believe pepsi is the best pop is going to hell".
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by l3rok3n@Feb 2 2005, 11:57 PM

<span style='font-family:Times'What if you are sharing what a source you found said like a book or something said? Like if a book said "anyone who doesn't believe pepsi is the best pop is going to hell".

[right][/right]

Thats not bashing...

bashing is like saying that people of a certain faith are morons for being that adn stuff to taht nature...

sharing info that you read, isn't bashing :)

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Feb 3 2005, 05:58 PM

bashing is like saying that people of a certain faith are morons for being that adn stuff to taht nature...
Then you'd better start to watch what you say dear... you walk the fine line sometimes.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by PurplePoemPuppet+Feb 4 2005, 01:37 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

hun, i am careful w/ what i say...

i don't bash anyones relgion i just state what i am and what i believe in and what i believe...saying that thing about bullies isn't bashing catholics...its just stating my belief, you know?

oK its really hard to explain, but its not meant bashing-etically...you know?

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Feb 4 2005, 08:05 PM

hun, i am careful w/ what i say...

i don't bash anyones relgion i just state what i am and what i believe in and what i believe...saying that thing about bullies isn't bashing catholics...its just stating my belief, you know?

oK its really hard to explain, but its not meant bashing-etically...you know?

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

I think that with that specific statement it is an indirect bash on the catholic religion. I can explain why, but we can do that in a conversation or in PM sometime.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Ranana_saky

Post by Ranana_saky »

I love your "no bashing" rule Mary Its gotten WAY out of hand on other boards, and frankly, Im sick to death of hearing it. Theres no reason to be so nasty all the time. Thank you for enforcing this rule