The Bible Is Always Manipulated By Religious Ppul!

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

seano287
Hooked On HelpingTeens

The Bible Is Always Manipulated By Religious Ppul!

Post by seano287 »

The famous passage supposedly damning gays does not say "He who lieth with another man" it says "He who lieth with another mankind" and it has nothing to do with sexuality!
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: The Bible Is Always Manipulated By Religious Ppul!

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hmmm...what's it have to do with then, if not gay people?

What you stated though IS true. The bible has been translated thousands of times, but different monks who, at the time, decided to translate the bible to THEIR benefit. That's why the bible contradicts itself, because it has been translated so many times to people's benefits at the time that it doesn't hold true throughout it.

Yet, there are also passages that state that homosexuals should be put to death. This of course, is stated along with the people who lie, steal, have cut off testicles, and blah de blah blah should also be put to death.

Yes, the bible DOES have specific statements against homosexuals. That is why the hardcore religious people hate homosexuals, because the bible tells them too. Check out Deuteronomy 22:29, and Leviticus 11:22, or something around those lines.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Originally posted by sarcasticwraith@Mar 30 2004, 10:06 PM

Yes, the bible DOES have specific statements against homosexuals. That is why the hardcore religious people hate homosexuals, because the bible tells them too. Check out Deuteronomy 22:29, and Leviticus 11:22, or something around those lines.

Cheers,

Jenna

Ack! The Bible does not teach us to hate at all! It tells us that we should not act in lust with the same sex, that it is a punishable sin. I'm sure you've already heard that enough. But I certainly hope you don't come to the conclusion that God wants us to hate homosexuals from experience. If so, whoever did or said that was wrong.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

Exactly. The bible teaches that it is wrong, but we have no right to hate homosexuals, or anyone else for that matter. God will deal with them all when their time comes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by seano287@Mar 30 2004, 09:31 PM

The famous passage supposedly damning gays does not say "He who lieth with another man" it says "He who lieth with another mankind" and it has nothing to do with sexuality!
I hope you're aware that is NOT the only passage in the Bible that says homosexuality is wrong. (As it has been brought up many times.)

...Sometimes I wonder if homosexuals are in denial or something. They keep making these topics in the Religion forum (and the Sexuality forum) flat out DENYING the existance of any thing in the Bible that says being gay is wrong. FACE IT: THE BIBLE SAYS HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN. No, that doesn't mean God hates you. No, that doesn't mean I hate you.
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

They're trying to convince themselves that they are right. If it makes them feel better about theirselves, then let them have at it.

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by thedepressed1@Apr 2 2004, 08:05 PM

They're trying to convince themselves that they are right. If it makes them feel better about theirselves, then let them have at it.
That's exactly right. I'm by no means against gay people...they can do what they want. But when I see topics like this it just makes me laugh because the Bible is always manipulated by GAY people!
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

the bibles been manipulated by both straight and gay people, there problem fixed

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

The Bible is manipulated by those who do not understand it - those with Spiritual blindness. Even a christian can not understand it if they have no faith in God and doubt in their minds.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I do a Bible study and we discussed homosexuality being in the Bible. I will have to look up the passages later (I believe they are in Romans 2... but don't quote me on that), but they discuss God giving mankind over to their desires. Those desires being lustful and "unnatural." Unnatural is a keyword because if you think about it, what is natural... what "fits" is a man and a woman. That's the way they were designed. A man fits with a woman. And this can be just physically speaking, in the "grand design of things" (though there are other ways we have altered the way of living) man and woman fit.

Anyway... so God gave them over and they began to lay with one another. This is just as much a sin as any other. Really, it is a weakness like any other weaknesses Christians have. Many people will say that because homosexuals "live" in this lifestyle or something, it makes it different to a point. And I can see some logic in those arguements. But it's still just as much a problem as any "little" sin (which IS NOT any littler than any other sin mind you). Sin is Sin, regardless.

I was told of a story of a man who is a Christian and goes to church and all, but finds women to be unattractive to him. Men are. But it will be his weakness that he struggles through the rest of his life.

It is not the sinner to be hated... the sin is. People manipulate the Bible... not just religious people. Everyone does. "Non-religious people" can misinterprate and make their own assumptions as much as any other person can. It's everyone. Everyone.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

Exactly. Man and woman "fit". Not man and man, or woman and woman. I think I've said it a million times, and yet it still doesn't sink in people's heads.

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by thedepressed1@Apr 4 2004, 01:33 PM

Exactly. Man and woman "fit". Not man and man, or woman and woman. I think I've said it a million times, and yet it still doesn't sink in people's heads.
It doesn't matter - they're still going to try to push their beliefs on you. And ask for your opinion and when you give it to them they will think YOU are pushing your beliefs on THEM. Crazyness.