Help Me Be Okay With This.

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

JuneB

Help Me Be Okay With This.

Post by JuneB »

My family has never been well off, and that's always been fine by me. I would have to wear my cousin's hand-me-downs, and clothes from goodwill, and I wouldn't get to have all the things that my rich classmates would have, but I was still content. I really didn't care that I looked different from everyone else. I always just hoped (and to be honest, kind of assumed) that things wouldn't be like that in college.

Then my senior year rolled around. I applied for 30 different places to try to get a job, and got nothing. Still, I was okay with that, because I was able to find a job babysitting. I made between $0-20 a month, but it was a job. I figured I could save up all of my money and go shopping for normal clothes right before college started. Between my babysitting money and the money I got from graduation, I was psyched. I had a couple hundred dollars saved up!

And then my dad lost his job. We weren't doing so great to begin with, but this...it's been pretty bad. My parents had to take all of my money. I told them I was fine with it, and I want to be, I really, really want to be. But I'm not. I feel like it's just going to be four more years of high school, and I'm going to look like a total freak all of the time. I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but this is really freaking me out.

Help me be okay with this.
emilikee123
Loyal

Re: Help Me Be Okay With This.

Post by emilikee123 »

you shouldnt have let them, just take it, you should have loaned them the money until they get back on thier feet, they should pay you back someday and probably will. also, i think there are websites that you can earn money, not much but something. can u sing, dance, play an instrument, or any form of entertainment??? well, if you can, become a street preformer, upload videos on youtube if you are really good. if u have an instrument, but dont know how to play it, there are free lessons on youtube.

if you know how to sew, knit, crochet, etc. you can make your own clothes and the cool thing is, they would be one of a kind. you can also sell clothes.

if you know how to cook, make your best recipe and sell it. i have two major dishes my family loves, chicken olive tarts (they are little orderves that taste awesome!!! ill post the recipe if i can find it) and cinnimon sugar tortilla crisps (mix cinnimon and sugar together until it tastes perfect. melt butter and brush over tortillas. sprinkle lots of the cinnimon sugar mixture on. cut the tortillas into pizza-like peices. bake at 350*f until crisp) the tortillas arent very expensive to make and i havent tried it but they would probably sell fast.

making a self-goverened buisness usually works, i also heard lawn mowing makes a lot of money

good luck
WammyChick
Dedicated

Re: Help Me Be Okay With This.

Post by WammyChick »

Dude, the BEST clothes can come from Goodwill!! You should TOTALLY rock the hipster look. Normal is SO overrated....

AND in addition to the other comment, there are websites that pay you in gift certificates to Amazon for making reviews
What if everyone around decided to go skipping all across the town?

And what if they collided in the city streets

Held hands together and all looked up into the sky now?

PON PON Let it out, come on let the crazy show!

Because if you don't, life would be so dull you know?

<3PON PON PON <3