Drama Queen (long, sorry)

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Lostinhersong
Loyal

Drama Queen (long, sorry)

Post by Lostinhersong »

There is two weeks left of school, and I was told that I had to move from my dorm room, which I have lived in all year, to the other side of my building, all because I pushed a girl who had been provoking me for several days. Should I have pushed her? No, I shouldn't have. Should she she have provoked me? No, she shouldn't have... Here's the full story.

My friend Hillary promised me about a month ago that she would go to my girlfriends choir concert with me, so I would have someone to sit with. The concert was last Sunday.

Well, that Thursday her friend Lanette (she was my friend before all of this happened...) asked her if she wanted to go and spend the weekend with her. Hillary, being the follower that she is, agreed. The thing is, is that Hillary told me how much she did not want to go, that she should just stay up at school and get some homework done. She ended up going.

Well, Lanette promised to go to the concert since Hillary had promised me months ago to attend. Neither of them showed up, and neither of them called to tell me why they had not arrived. I began to worry, thinking something bad had happened. Well, when Brittni and I arrived back up at school, Hillary and Lanette were lounging in Hillary's room, and seemed to be fine. Well, Lanette IMed several hours later, saying that if I was upset with her, I needed to tell her. I told her, and than told her that I was done, and wanted to be left alone. She told me that the reason she had missed the concert was because she was having a bad day (later, I find out that her version of a bad day was that she saw her ex-boyfriend, whom she had cheated on, with his new girlfriend, and she was upset that he had already moved on. I was more upset that she had neglected to call and tell me that they could not make the concert, and initiated me being worried about them for 2 hours.) She then began shoving religion down my throat, and even admitted so in the conversation (later, she began telling everyone that she was not shoving religion down my throat, but was "leading me to God"). She also made the remark that being gay was my decision and that God would still love me even if I had made this decision. Well, I was fighting back, because I hate having someone tell me what to believe. Whenever I told her that "Everyone has their own opinion" she got off line because she needed a smoke.

Well, the very next day, I found a pile of things outside of my door. Little trinkets and such that Brittni and I had given her, when I IMed her to tell her that those were presents, and I didn't want them back she told me that it was too much work to be my friend, and that she was through. I said that she was being dramatic, and she began to attack my character by saying and I quote "Lanette: and you have no idea.. you think jsut because you are on meds and have almost died that you are something special and everyone should bow down and say oh poor jenn look at all the shit shes been through when the truth is people have their own shit too and you dont see that because you are too high up on your pedastool to see it"

Which is not true. I tried throughout the semester to help this girl, but she never wanted my help...She wanted my pity, which I will never give to anyone.

Anyway, I began to have a mild panic attack and I started to cry. I hadn't cried for months, and this little comment set me off, because it was so far from the truth. She never wanted my help, though I had tried so hard to help her. Well, I left my room and headed to pick Brittni up from work so that I could talk to her about it, Lanette walks past my room headed towards the shower (she ended up going into Hillary's room). By this time, my panic attack had increased, and I was hyperventilating in the midst of bawling. Well, I slammed my door when she passed (completely on accident) I waited for a few minutes, and my friend Kelly told me that she was gone. So, I left the safety of my room, still bawling my eyes out, and as I passed Hillary's room, Lanette poked her head out, and watched as I passed. I flipped her off, which was my way of saying that she had not won, and she smirked and kind of giggled. I lost all sense of my humanity and I charged at her. I shoved her into Hillary's dresser, and she rolled onto her bed, and yelled "OW!". I left the room, crying even harder because I had regretted shoving her. As I was walking down the hall, she came out into the hall and said "What, can't even walk in the same hall as me?", and once again, I lost it. I, blinded by absolute rage and pain, charged at her again, and she shut the door on me. I banged the door for several seconds before running from the hall, and that loss of my sanity.

Later that night, she bragged to a friend of mine how she was going to get me kicked out of school. In reality, I just got moved down the hall, and I am not allowed to step foot in her hallway or try to speak to her, because she is "uncomfortable" and "afraid" that I will attack her again. She was given the same set of rules.

Then, today at work, I was standing on the loading docks taking a five minute break, and I see her walking towards our building (I work in the cafeteria in our dorm). Well, I'm not really paying attention, because I honestly don't give a crap about it anymore. Well, she spotted me, and she RAN to our dormitory. What I don't understand is why she was running from me when I was 50 meters away, and I just don't give two shits about the whole thing anymore.

She keeps bringing it up to people, and keeps telling everyone about how I "assaulted" her. She also tells them about how she is afraid that I will "hit" her again.

I shouldn't have shoved her, and I regret doing it. I wasn't thinking straight, and I would never go after her again. I am happy to have her out of my life, because things seem to be less dramatic in my life without her around...

Though, according to her and her posse, I acted with no reason, and the fault is purely mine.
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.