i want friends...

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

faith
Veteran

i want friends...

Post by faith »

i want friends. i have 1 friend i do things with and 2 friends i talk with on the phone but thats it. i want friends so badly but for some reason, its nearly impossible to have any. i wish i had some people to do things with, its so hard feeling like i have no one.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
anonymous08
Loyal

Re: i want friends...

Post by anonymous08 »

well, i don't know what your situation is, but i know that volunteering and joining clubs is a really good way to meet people.

why do you think you have such a hard time with friends?
You couldn't be suicidal if your life depended on it.

there i go again, pretending that i'll fall

don't call the doctors!

they've seen it all before

they'll say just let her crash and burn

she'll learn

the attention just encourages her.

- Dresden Dolls "Girl Anachronism"

faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i have a hard time with friends becuase i have aspergers syndrome which really interferes with my ability to meet and make friends.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
sunshine daydreamer
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by sunshine daydreamer »

Maybe you can find a support group for people with autism in your area. (In case anyone else posting doesn't know aspergers syndrome is a condition on the autistic spectrum.) To tell you the truth there's nothing wrong with only having a few friends. I hang out with alot of people when I run into them or something like that, but I really only consider a few people my close friends: my boyfriend, my friend Nikole and my friend Sarah. I don't know how old you are, but when I was in high school I always worried about how few friends I had but now that I've graduated I'll probably never see half my 'friends' again, do I care? Nope. You have more friends than some people have and I'm sure they're really great to you. If you still need someone, I'll be your friend. You can PM me anytime. If you want you can have my AIM s/n too. I'm not online very much right now because I'm kinda moving, and it's take FOREVER to finish the repairs in my new room. Write back.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

hi sunshine day dreamer. thanks for the reply. i would love to chat over aim. i tried to send you a pm but it said i was unable to until i edited my options. do you know what i need to do in order to send you a pm? i would love to chat. :D

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Faith:

You need to go to your User Control Panel. Click on the 'User CP' link on the top right of the blue bar on the support groups page.

When at the User Control Panel, you need to scroll down the options on the left until you come to 'Settings and Options'. Click on the 'Edit Options' link.

Scroll down the page until you get to 'Messaging and Notification'. Underneath the private messaging heading, tick the box that says 'Enable Private Messaging'.

The above should work. If not, post in the suggestions forum and an admin can look into and address the problem for you. :)
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.