Discussion: Prescription for a Broken Heart

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Discussion: Prescription for a Broken Heart

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

So we've all (or almost all) had them. Bad breakups or just bad patches in a relationship. What do you guys do to get over it? Ice cream and bad 80s movies? Working out a lot? Going out with your friends? Sleep it off?

I personally just keep myself busy! I do best when I have a lot going on.
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: Discussion: Prescription for a Broken Heart

Post by CausticTears »

I eat ice cream, then work out a lot and try to keep myself reallllyyyyy busy. That way my mind is occupied.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

For me, my break up was the best weight loss program I ever have had. I lost 2 pant sizes. I went from a size 7 juniors down to a size 3 juniors. I had to force myself to eat for about a month straight. Not the healthiest thing ever, but I guess I needed to loose the weight because now I'm back to eating normally and I still am not gaining back the weight.

I just shut life out, I worked a lot more, focused on my dog more, amd did a LOT of shopping. I needed some new clothing anyways lol.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
nirvana
Loyal

Post by nirvana »

I go through different phases, but I always believe you need to cry. I know people who don't, and it takes them soo long to get over the relationship. It's the end of something, you need to grieve.

Also, I've a bad habit of not eating nor sleeping for a while, my body goes into shut down. It's terrible for me yes. However, I do find your friends are the best cure, and meeting new people. Laughing of course, and I loved showers after break ups. It's like they wash it all away, and you step out, a new fresh you [:
Next time you think you're perfect. Try walking on water
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

I totally agree with the shower ^^ When I'm most upset or angry, I feel the shower is the best place for me to feel better.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo »

When i broke up with my ex, i had a great friend who helped me through the intire thing. he made me feel way better about it, and add some perspective to it.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Play my cello
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

[quote=InnocenceLost57;498951]So we've all (or almost all) had them. Bad breakups or just bad patches in a relationship. What do you guys do to get over it? Ice cream and bad 80s movies? Working out a lot? Going out with your friends? Sleep it off?

I personally just keep myself busy! I do best when I have a lot going on.[/quote]

All of the above!

Seeing friends, comfort food, bad TV, going for a bike ride or a walk.

'Duvet days' are my favourite (a day spent in bed or on the couch under the duvet (comforter, for you Americans) with TV, a good book, laptop, yummy food, sometimes good company, etc).

The one thing that works best for me is seeing other people. Its distracting, it provides an outlet for talking it through if I need to, and its comforting being in the presence of people who care about you. During my last break-up I spent a lot of time with a close friend sitting in bed chatting and watching Desperate Housewives, it was the perfect break-up remedy for me.

I guess the cliche line is 'a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do'. Do whatever works best for you, as long as its healthy!

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.