Engagement?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

WhOaMi?
Loyal

Engagement?

Post by WhOaMi? »

I am so in love with my girlfriend, about two months ago we moved in together. I know that I love her, I want her and I need her. I really think we are going to be together forever! We have talked about engagement and I think I am going to ask her in April. I have been thinking so much about asking her sooner though. I think that might be because my brother is getting married next month so it has been on my mind alot... I was wondering...how soon do you guys think it is okay to get engaged?? Keep in mind that we do live together..
InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Re: Engagement?

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

I'd say to make absolutely sure that you are comfortable being with her and living together. I'd wait until April if i were you, just because you don't want to rush anything. How long have you guys been together?

To give you some background on my point of view...my girlfriend and I have been together for about 10 months now, and I lived with her over the summer. I'm still in college and am back at the dorms now. I love her more than anything and anticipate wanting to get engaged sometime in the future, but I'd rather wait until I'm out of school. My reasons for that are these: Ill be more financially stable, we'll have been together for over 3 years, and I also know that I will change in college. So I want to make sure that I'm the person I'm going to be for the rest of my life before I ask someone to spend it with me.

Does that make sense?
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I also would say that you should wait until April, at least.

I've been with my girlfriend almost 6 months and while we've talked about moving in together (like next summer), we both realize that right now it's simply too soon. We're both still in school and whatnot. So while I know that I love her and she loves me, things change and it just happens. So.. yeah I'd wait. :)
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

My husband and I were together a month before we got engaged, and now we've been together for 3 years and married for over 2. Things are different for everyone. You just have to listen to your heart. Set goals for yourself and take it day by day and see where it goes from there. :)
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

We are talking about getting engaged in the spring but we would have a very long engagement...we are going to wait until we are out of school to get engaged... we took another step in our relationship again last night though and got a kitten:)
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Aww kittens are the best!

Getting engaged is a big deal.. However I'm not going to tell you to wait until April because I think when you are ready to make that step you will know.

:)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]