Moving in?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

pengin28

Moving in?

Post by pengin28 »

So I'm a freshman in college and I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 and a half years now. Last summer I moved out of my parents house so that he and I could move to a little apartment that's a couple blocks away from my school. My parents totally hated it and I couldn't even stop by without getting that disappointed look from my mom. So I moved back about a month after moving in. It was a big issue with us, like he was going to just leave the city and state and me all together, but he finally said I could go back home just so that I would stop crying all the time. The only catch was that I was still going to pay for my half of the rent since we had specifically looked for a place we could afford if we both paid half. Not really a problem or anything. I now technically live in a dorm on campus, but I really only sleep there every Monday and some Tuesdays (he works nights and he has Wednesday and Thursday nights off, and my weekend starts on Friday, so I stay at his place then.) I basically live there. I do use the dorm during the day between classes though, but it is otherwise pretty much a waste of money, but my parents are happy.

The thing is, he still really wants to live with me next year. We had a plan: I would tell my parents I wanted my own apartment and I would pay half the rent if they paid the other half and he would live with me and that half that "I" was paying my parents would really be his half, so he'd still be paying and such, not just being a freeloader. But my parents don't want me to live on my own; they want me to have a roommate. I don't really know anyone though other that my roommate and my coworkers because all I do it work, go to class, and do schoolwork. So I can't even try to do that unless Iwant to live with a stranger, which I'm really not down for.

So I want to live on campus next year (maybe make a friend or two) and then he still live around here and such, but he really wants to live with me...like really really wants to live with me. I just don't think I'm ready to be totally set like that. I think it's a little too late for me to say this, but I think it's a little too fast. I want to still have some of my own space, but I know he'll be heartbroken just like he was last summer if I don't do it. I don't want to hurt him (obviously) but I also don't want to rush into this. I just know that if I move in with him, I'm going to wish we had actually seperate places and that we didn't just dive in.

I'm just being wishy-washy, I know, but I really don't know what to do...
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Moving in?

Post by Barbies are Evil »

You know what you need to do? you need to talk to him as openly as you just talked to us........tell him that your not totally sure if your ready for this. If he truly loves you, he'll respect that. If he doesn't respect that, you don't need him anyway.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
JustBeingMe
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: Moving in?

Post by JustBeingMe »

I agree (with the person above). you need to talk to him. Tell him everything you just wrote, if he wants to live with you as much as you say then he'll help you come up with a solution to the problem.