More Protected?

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

More Protected?

Post by SirPostAlot »

Okay, so we have the warnings for those forums, but i noticed that we could go into the forums but not actually read the topics, so if you are trying to hide people who post there to non-members or w/e, i think that it should be closed completely

like have the forums listed on the homepage for non-members like:

Self Harm

Rape/Abuse

Suicide

Depression

(WARNING) blah - blah - blah

but don't hyperlink them or even show the last post, if you are trying to prevent triggering contents or w/e to nonmembers - topic titles and even members names are confidencial, you know??

~Jeff~
Leapfrog
Veteran

Re: More Protected?

Post by Leapfrog »

Okay, so we have the warnings for those forums, but i noticed that we could go into the forums but not actually read the topics, so if you are trying to hide people who post there to non-members or w/e, i think that it should be closed completely

like have the forums listed on the homepage for non-members like:

Self Harm

Rape/Abuse

Suicide

Depression

(WARNING) blah - blah - blah

but don't hyperlink them or even show the last post, if you are trying to prevent triggering contents or w/e to nonmembers - topic titles and even members names are confidencial, you know??

~Jeff~

[/b]

Ok im confused. What are you saying?
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

If I understand this correctly, you're asking that the Teens Issues forum be "hidden" to a point. Where each forum is simply listed by name, description, and warning. The "Last Post Info" would not exist. It would basically look like this:

Self-Harm

Do you cut or do another type of self-harm? Please come here and let us help.

Notice: This forum may contain triggering content and

is protected from Unregistered Users & Search Engines.

Forum Led by: Admin, Teen Issues Moderators

Topics: 2,355 Replies: 16,988

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rape/Abuse

Have you been raped or abused? Are you scared to talk about it with anybody, or do you just need a place to talk about it and let it all out? Tell us about it here.

Topics: 756 Replies: 6,204

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suicide

This forum is for those who feel suicidal, or have been suicidal and need support. Please come here if you need someone to talk to, but if you are seriously considering suicide, please call your local hospital emergency room.

Forum Led by: Teen Issues Moderators, Admin

Topics: 1,622 Replies: 12,368

Depression

Feeling depressed or know someone who is? Let us help.

Topics: 1,445 Replies: 6,207

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

Have I got that about right?
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

don't forget, we wish to show people we have all forums... we also want to show supportive topic titles, just not the posts themselves
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

yeah thats basically what i was insinuating...

well here is my advice: why not make the whole group like that then?? like stop the whole warning thing, and make the whole HT a topic-viewable w/o looking at posts . . . b/c things are said in every topic that are pvt, you know??

i see what you are saying adam and i agree (so i take away my 1st request) but i think that we should just make the whole forum like those topics ~ and just make a basic warning for the whole forum . . .

you know??

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

yeah thats basically what i was insinuating...

well here is my advice: why not make the whole group like that then?? like stop the whole warning thing, and make the whole HT a topic-viewable w/o looking at posts . . . b/c things are said in every topic that are pvt, you know??

i see what you are saying adam and i agree (so i take away my 1st request) but i think that we should just make the whole forum like those topics ~ and just make a basic warning for the whole forum . . .

you know??

~Jeff~

[/b]
Jeff you're confusing me. Try again? I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Jeff, if we do that, how will search engines pick up our conversations and bring traffic to the site? Articles and such only do so much... the rest is the mis-spelling, grammatical errors, and topics that forums bring to search engines. Think of it... how many times do you do a search on your favourite search engine and end up getting a few links to what someone has said in a forum? for me, it's about 80% of the time.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

The search engine's visit this site as guests. If we restricted what guests can view we restricted the search engines. Thats coumter productive.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i guess, i just think its weird to censure those forums while other forums have as private or even more private information...

to me to have open forums it is like going to a support group in a large glass building with thosands of holes for noise to escape . . .

while those "warning" forums are like in a big glass forum though in sound-proof so guests don't know what is being said but they know who is in there...you know??

like it just hit me how little privacy is actually offeredhere, you know?

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

i guess, i just think its weird to censure those forums while other forums have as private or even more private information...

to me to have open forums it is like going to a support group in a large glass building with thosands of holes for noise to escape . . .

while those "warning" forums are like in a big glass forum though in sound-proof so guests don't know what is being said but they know who is in there...you know??

like it just hit me how little privacy is actually offeredhere, you know?

~Jeff~

[/b]
Hun, being on the internet means you've opened yourself up and withdrew your privacy. While there are certain measures to aid in keeping your information private, technically, it's not really private anyway.

And it's not so much that the information being given is so private, it's that the information is more triggering and is disturbing and potentially harmful to others.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hmm i guess - i am just not fond of speciality toward those forums, but that is just me . . .

we can just ignore this idea - i don't really know what i was getting at, i just thought we should make all the forums equal . . .

if you desire, you may close this b/c im done pushing it

~Jeff~