Job help!!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
justinlover3487
Loyal

Job help!!

Post by justinlover3487 »

I really don't know if this goes here or not. My boyfriend was at work yesterday at Bell Helicopter and cut his finger. We went to the doctors and got 3 stiches put in his finger. He went back to work today and they fired him!!! Because he is now a liability!! He cut his finger and wetn right back to work and went to get it fixed when he wasn't at work. He never filed with workers comp. Everybody there likes him and is really pissed that he got fired. Bell is saying the he is a liability and there are a number of complaints. If nobody liked working with him why would they ask him to go in for over time??!! His manager sliced his hand and didn't get fired. How is THAT not a liability. And HE filed with workers comp!!!

Did Bell have the right to fire him b/c he cut his finger? I don't think so but really don't know what to do about it. Can anyone help?

Thanks to this....he can't pay to go back to school, pay his bills. We can get married and move into a place of our own. I am going to have to put the wedding off for a little while.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.

It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails."

~ I Corinthians 13:4-8
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Job help!!

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Chances are you can try to fight the firing, but in most states employment is called "at will employment". Essentially they can fire you and you can quit at any time. So they don't necessarily need a reason to fire you in the first place. Perhaps you should seek legal advice from an attorney.

Terribly sorry that is happening to you, I hope things turn our alright.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

justinlover3487
Loyal

Re: Job help!!

Post by justinlover3487 »

we spoke to a lawer and he said that b/c my boyfriend was on a 90 day trial thing, there is nothing that can be done!!! I am so PISSED!!!!!
"Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.

It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails."

~ I Corinthians 13:4-8